• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Apple announcement 12/09/12 - iPhone 5?

There's plenty reasons for more then one button... my mouse has 9 buttons and 2 scroll wheels! :p

I hated using a one button mouse when I used macs at uni. don't get me started about having the x in the other corner...

Fredward said:
There's plenty reasons for more then one button... my mouse has 9 buttons and 2 scroll wheels! :p

I hated using a one button mouse when I used macs at uni. don't get me started about having the x in the other corner...

OS X is designed to be simple. The average user doesn't have a need for more than one button therefore the mouse works fine. If you have a genuine issue with the mighty mouse then don't use it. Likewise, if you have a problem with OS X don't use it.

Apple isn't begging for your continued support & acceptance of their products, & I think the people who believe that they do, a few of which have posted on this very forum, are very narrow minded when it comes to it. Apple have succeeded in creating a brand & range of products that aren't only works of art in themselves, but fully functioning devices. They are self supporting, & have an almighty customer base, that are more than happy with the products.

How have they got it wrong?

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

I find it a pain using the Mac's in uni with one click mouses. Editing on Photoshop and Lightroom is a pain in uni. The magic mouse and retro Apple mouse's that you can accustom for left and right click I find far more useful.

While the one click generally is designed around Apple's OS - for many programs on Apple devices I've still found that you need a right click for most basic functions - and you certainly need it for editing videos, photographs and any kind of design work.

Was just wondering if iOS 6 is killing everyone's batteries on the 4s need get an iPhone 5

Question for anyone with an iPad... Is it worth buying tapatalk hd or should I just stick with the stretched mobile version I'm using right now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Apple announcement 12/09/12 - iPhone 5?

T said:
How have they got it wrong?

In my opinion there is many things wrong with Mac devices, they do not meet my requirements for a computer not by a long shot.

Even my friend who works in an apple store agreed with that, for me an apple computer is a bad idea, hence why I dislike them. I couldn't care less about whether they are good for other people, but I would argue to the ends of the earth about there faults because they are terrible computers for me.

If I exchanged my 2 year old high (at the time) spec laptop for a modern Mac book, my work flow would have slowed down dramatically, I would be able to do less and it won't fit my specifications for a computer.

That's how they have got it wrong, they have simplified everything so much that when a user such as myself who need more then just a user friendly experience, I find it awfull and constrained.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mrbrightside said:
Question for anyone with an iPad... Is it worth buying tapatalk hd or should I just stick with the stretched mobile version I'm using right now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most definitely is. I am typing this on it, and the layout & presentation has been optimised for the bigger screen. It's much easier to scroll through the forums, & topics, as well as see things you've participated in. Much easier on the eyes than the stretched iPhone version.

7azuna6u.jpg

Fredward, stick to Windows, my friend!

I didn't want to create a new topic for this but Apple have got another event tomorrow, the invitations say 'We've got a little more to show you'.

This is most likely hinting towards the long awaited iPad Mini, which is basically a smaller version of the iPad. Rumor has it that the iPad Mini will be 7.85 inches, and be around £175 - £250 for the base model which will be 8GB. The price is quite low because it's trying to compete with the Google Nexus and the Amazon Kindle.

Your thoughts?

RyanY said:
I didn't want to create a new topic for this but Apple have got another event tomorrow, the invitations say 'We've got a little more to show you'.

This is most likely hinting towards the long awaited iPad Mini, which is basically a smaller version of the iPad. Rumor has it that the iPad Mini will be 7.85 inches, and be around £175 - £250 for the base model which will be 8GB. The price is quite low because it's trying to compete with the Google Nexus and the Amazon Kindle.

Your thoughts?

Think it's a little pointless. The Kindle is unique because of its easy-to-read screen, whereas I'm presuming this iPad Mini will simply have the usual backlit retina display. Don't see the appeal of a device that's too big to be carried around as a phone but too small to be used properly as a tablet.

Blaze said:
Well the iPad itself is petty pointless anyway. Let the Apple sheep have their fun.

Everyone thought that originally but everyone I know and have heard of that's got one now doesn't know how they survived without it. Supposedly they're very useful for working on the go, what with the built in Google Docs capability.

I'm hoping to purchase an iPad at the end of this year or start of next. Only because it is a rather useful device. It's great for using on the go (without the bulk of a laptop) and suits someone such as me perfectly that wants a portable device to browse the internet at a decent size (using an iPod or phone is just a pain), create simple documents for uni work and watch films.

Of course you can do this on many other devices although I suppose it depends what your needs are (and if you have the money). The price is rather off putting though, I'm only buying one if my finances work out well and I have a decent bulk of money saved. As for something that is nearly the cost of a standard laptop it is rather extortionate.

The iPad Mini I find a bit pointless though. I'd rather get the bigger device.

Blaze said:
Well the iPad itself is petty pointless anyway. Let the Apple sheep have their fun.
I can count the times I've used my laptop on one hand since I've had my ipad... It's perfect for what I want to do with it! :)

Edit by James: *ahem* You missed the 'o' in count.

So Apple are releasing something Steve Jobs said would be dead on arrival due to it's screen size?

They really have got nothing now he's kicked the bucket.

It's a fact of the American dream that in a lab three years ago they probably developed a battery that has twice the capacity of the one in the product you bought yesterday.

Microsoft were never anywhere near this bad for releasing 'later' versions of their products, but try telling that to an Apple fan.

Tom said:
Microsoft were never anywhere near this bad for releasing 'later' versions of their products, but try telling that to an Apple fan.

Ill admit to being an Apple fan. I love my iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. I can even understand yearly updates, despite it being quite annoying. But seven months is beyond a joke. I paid full price for my iPad three months ago, and it's already obselete without any warning.