• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thanks :) by everything I meant all the coasters plus the majority of the dark rides such as Cassandra's curse and Atlantis adventure. Sorry, should of been more specific :/

I pretty much agree with Cheese.

Europa-Park has an enormous amount of rides, attractions and shows - but more than 3 days can, for most people, be a little excessive (although I expect the threshold to go up by 1 day once the Water Park opens in 2016/17). Your plan of 2 1/2 days seems absolutely spot on. You will get on all the rollercoasters in that time, and all of the dark rides, plus the water rides - and some re-rides on your favourites. I'd also make sure you stop by at least the Variety Show and one of the Arena and/or Ice Show - depending on your tastes.

I presume you are in one of the resort hotels?

As for budget, it's really a question of how much you like to eat and drink!

I tend to base my spends on an average of €60 (£48) per day - with some days costing less.

Typically, on park, a lunch at one of the mid-range self-service outlets (i.e. See-Restaurant, Pizzeria Venezia etc.) will set you back around €14 (£11.50) for a main course, dessert and drink. The burger outlets in Russia and Germany, or the more 'light' options such as Bamboo Bay Wok Restaurant in Holland, Kaffi Hus and Moby Dick Hot Dogs in Iceland or the Colonial Restaurant in Adventureland will cost you around €7.50 (£6) with drinks.

Drinks in the park cost from €2.30 (£1.90) for a small up to around €3.20 (£2.50) for a large.

As for evening meals, costs vary a lot depending on where you go.

The cheapest 'proper' restaurant run by Europa-Park is Silver Lake Saloon, which is at the Camp Resort - a 15-20 minute walk from the resort hotels. Food and service is excellent, and there is live music and/or entertainment pretty much every evening. It's a steak house mainly, with burgers, steaks and salads. Prices for things like burger and chips are around €10 (£8) and the more premium steaks are more like €20 (£16). There is also Cantina Amigo at the Camp Resort, next door to Silver Lake. It's much cheaper - you can buy Bratwurst sausages, Chilli, basic burgers etc. with prices around €7 (£5.50) for most meals although it's far less formal.

The buffet restaurants at Hotel Colosseo, Hotel Castillo Alcazar and Hotel Bell Rock cost around €30 (£24) and the food is excellent and plentiful. Hotel Santa Isabel also has a buffet but this is more premium, costing around €40 (£32). These prices exclude drinks.

The a-la-carte restaurants in El Andaluz (Spanish influence) and Colosseo (Italian influence) will cost you around €30 (£24) for three courses. The a-la-carte restaurant 'Captains Finest' at Hotel Bell Rock will cost you around €40 (£32) for three courses and is more suited to things like steaks and fresh fish dishes. The premium restaurant is Ammolite at Bell Rock which is Michelin Starred. This will cost around €80 (£64) per person and is absolutely top class, first rate - one of the best restaurants in the entire region let alone just Europa-Park.

:)

Ok thanks again. I'm trying to make the trip as cheap as possible so I might have to stay away from the bell rock restraunt then ;)

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, seeing as there are 13 pages of content already; is it possible to have the Europa Park Annual Pass printed and delivered to the UK before visiting? Or do you have to get it printed and collected on the day?

Rowe said:
I'm not sure if this has already been asked, seeing as there are 13 pages of content already; is it possible to have the Europa Park Annual Pass printed and delivered to the UK before visiting? Or do you have to get it printed and collected on the day?

You cannot have a pass printed and sent to you in advance.

Therefore you cannot use a day at Phantasialand for free, which I glean is probably why you're asking?

AstroDan said:
Rowe said:

You cannot have a pass printed and sent to you in advance.

Therefore you cannot use a day at Phantasialand for free, which I glean is probably why you're asking?

Yep, oh well! Thanks for answering!

See first post in this topic.

Train from Airport to main station.

Then buy Europass from blue machine.

Train to Offenburg.

Change.

Train to Ringsheim.

Shuttle to Rust.

Yup pretty much as I thought. I was just wondering if EP did a shuttle from Strasbourg or if there were any other ways of getting there.

I originally planned to head over there in August but that's unlikely now, June is a more sensible option, I am just wondering is two days too little to spend on park? Getting time off work is not easy and not something I really want to be pushing for in the summer, so ideally I am looking at two days on the park, as much as I'd like to see the shows, the priority will be doing the rides as much as possible.

I'd like to say again, thanks for putting this topic together, it has been useful that's for sure.

Two days will feel frustrating, I'd say, especially in June. You'll definitely feel like you've missed out on stuff, and I don't think it's possible to do all the rides in two days in June, nevermind shows. Go for three days minimum if at all possible. :)

As Sam said, on a typical Europa trip it takes 2 days to do everything. The third can be spent re riding, merchandise getting and so on.

With Arthur opening, that area is adding a few more things to soak up time so yes - 3 days if possible.

Two days is probably just enough time to do all the major rides and a couple of shows but it isn't enough time to do absolutely everything. I had 2 days for my first trip back in 2007 and there were whole areas of the park I didn't set foot in, despite not taking time out to see a single show. The park has grown a lot since then too, with 3 new coasters added including two of the biggest in the park.

On the other hand, I don't think I'd particularly recommend you spend much longer there for a first trip, especially if you're unsure what you'll make of it. Obviously if you do like the park as much as we do you can always spend more time there on a subsequent visit!

John said:
On the other hand, I don't think I'd particularly recommend you spend much longer there for a first trip, especially if you're unsure what you'll make of it. Obviously if you do like the park as much as we do you can always spend more time there on a subsequent visit!

This is what I am thinking to be honest, especially as like I've said previously I won't get the time off to do much longer which is a pain, but my gut feeling is that going for two days and doing as many of the rides, if not all of them in those two days is a good starting point because there will always be the chance to go back in the future and explore more of the park.

There is no stand out rides for me like when I was planning to go PA for the first time or PW, I just want to give the place a try and if I do like it, go back in the future on a longer trip there.

Another question, roughly how long will the queues be in the summer. I know it varies dramatically, but I wanted to know if their is a rough average. It's my first time, so I know nothing about the place :)

Jake smith said:
Another question, roughly how long will the queues be in the summer. I know it varies dramatically, but I wanted to know if their is a rough average. It's my first time, so I know nothing about the place :)

Typically, on an average day in August, during the peak time of the day, you could wait up to:

Wodan: 75 minutes
Blue Fire: 60 minutes
Poseidon: 45 minutes / 75 minutes on a hot afternoon
Matterhorn Blitz: 45 minutes
Silver Star: 40 minutes
Atlantica: 30 minutes / 60 minutes on a hot afternoon
Euro-Mir: 30 minutes
Schweizer Bob Bahn: 30 minutes
Tirol Log Flume: 30 minutes / 45 minutes on a hot afternoon
Fjord Rafting: 30 minutes / 45 minutes on a hot afternoon
Eurosat: 30 minutes
Alpenexpress: 20 minutes
Pegasus: 20 minutes
Arthur: ?

Everything else, under 15 minutes. Queue times on busy days are usually over inflated on Silver Star, Eurosat and Euro-Mir.

The Eurosat queue when FULL is maximum 30 minutes even out of the entrance. The Euro-Mir when FULL is maximum 40 minutes to the entrance. Silver Star is only 30 minutes to the entrance, and even the temporary extended pens out the front only add up to 15 minutes.

These queue times could be longer on a very, very busy Saturday or shorter. Also, between 9-10am, all these rides will have very short queues. Matterhorn Blitz and Schweizer Bob Bahn are good to get out of the way early, and Poseidon/Atlantica/Rapids/Log Flume - do before midday if you can, if the forecast is very hot weather.

Hi All

Just wondered if any of you kind souls could answer a few questions I have re Europa?

We were going at the beginning of May and staying outside of the resort, but have now changed our plans and staying on resort at Bell Rock in October.

We are getting there on the Thursday morning and traveling back after ERT on Sunday (second week of October). We are also planning to do two horror nights on Friday and Saturday.

I have read through the topic but didnt see much on Halloween and I have looked at the dedicated EP site, but thats not been updated for 2014 as yet.

Therefore my questions are:

1) Is the Halloween event a separate ticketed event or can we use our 3 day pass?
2) Is the normal park open 9am - 6pm then closes and re-opens at 8pm?
3) No rides are open are they at the Halloween event and is it not in the main park?
4) From Bell Rock, where we are staying, I have read its a 5 minute walk to the hotel guests entrance. Is that correct?
5) Can we access the Halloween event from this entrance, or do we have to get to a different entrance?
6) Does anyone know when Halloween tickets go on sale? Dont want to miss out on them, if they are separate !! :)
7) What rides are normally on ERT, or do they chop and change throughout the year?
8) How do queuetimes differ during October? As mentioned we are there on the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Can we expect a busy park?

By the way, this will be our first ever visit to the park !! ;D

Thanks in advance for any responses. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.