• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Horror Nights is a seperately ticketed event. It uses the Greece area and a few other surrounding bits, but is mostly on the unused land behind Greece. The parts of the park used are closed off from the rest of the park in the evening, and you enter via a gate round the corner from the main entrance. A couple of rides are open, but nothing major as it's mostly about the mazes.

When we went last year, halloween day itself was very busy. The crowds on some paths were beyond stupid.

1) Is the Halloween event a separate ticketed event or can we use our 3 day pass?

Your 3-day pass covers theme park entry only. Horror Nights is ticketed separately.

2) Is the normal park open 9am - 6pm then closes and re-opens at 8pm?

The park indeed opens at 9am (8:30am ERT via hotel entrance), then closes between 6pm and 9pm, depending how busy it is. Horror Nights entrance is from 8pm, correct.

3) No rides are open are they at the Halloween event and is it not in the main park?

Pegasus, Matterhorn Blitz, Kassandra and sometimes a few other rides open during Horror Nights. It is partly located inside and partly outside the park. If the park is closing later than the start of Horror Nights, small areas will be closed to theme park guests early.

4) From Bell Rock, where we are staying, I have read its a 5 minute walk to the hotel guests entrance. Is that correct?

It is between a 2 and 5 minute walk from Bell Rock to the resort guests entrance, depending on your speed.

5) Can we access the Halloween event from this entrance, or do we have to get to a different entrance?

Horror Nights entrance is off the main park entrance plaza. To access this from the hotels, take the EP Express from the station at Colosseo, round to Alexanderplatz - Main entrance. Disembark, leave the park and then take the special entrance to Horror Nights. If you are going straight from the park into horror nights, then leave the park via the main entrance.

6) Does anyone know when Halloween tickets go on sale? Dont want to miss out on them, if they are separate !! :)

They usually go on sale in May or June.

7) What rides are normally on ERT, or do they chop and change throughout the year?

ERT rides change massively. However, you will usually get a selection towards the back of the park, nearest the hotel/resort guest entrance. It usually includes Alpenexpress, Feria Swing, Columbus Dinghy but if it's a holiday period (October holiday is the 25 Oct - 2 Nov) then you will almost certainly get one of Wodan or Blue Fire, plus possibly Atlantica Super Splash too. At weekends, you may also get extra rides.

8) How do queuetimes differ during October? As mentioned we are there on the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Can we expect a busy park?

Europa-Park eats queues. However, on a Saturday in October you may be expecting to queue over 45 minutes for Wodan and Blue Fire, but less for other rides.

How fussy are they about what hotel you have breakfast at? I'd like to try a few different places for breakfast during our stay in September and will probably have our main meals on park or at one of the resorts main restaurants.

We usually do the breakfast tour if we're staying on resort :) Never had any trouble using the vouchers from other hotels in any of the hotels except Santa Isabel. We got refused once but I've done it before and since that, I think it just depends how busy they are at the time. It's a good one to do too, just for the freshly made to order omelettes! :)

Some friends and I are planning to do some travelling around Germany this summer and want to stop off at Europa and Phantasialand. I have been to Europa before but not Phantasaia and have some questions about both.

1. The place we are looking to stay at for Europa is walking distance to the main entrance of the park (I think). Does the shuttle that runs between the hotels and the train station also go to the park or should we just get a taxi to the accommodation?

2. I remember there were evening tickets for Europa when I last went. Is this just an offer for hotel guests?

3. I'm guessing the most efficient route of doing the park will be Arthur > Wodan > Blue Fire then work our way back to the main entrance. Any other suggestions?

4. What is the easiest way to get from Cologne to Phantasialand via public transport?

Pharaoh said:
Some friends and I are planning to do some travelling around Germany this summer and want to stop off at Europa and Phantasialand. I have been to Europa before but not Phantasaia and have some questions about both.

1. The place we are looking to stay at for Europa is walking distance to the main entrance of the park (I think). Does the shuttle that runs between the hotels and the train station also go to the park or should we just get a taxi to the accommodation?

2. I remember there were evening tickets for Europa when I last went. Is this just an offer for hotel guests?

3. I'm guessing the most efficient route of doing the park will be Arthur > Wodan > Blue Fire then work our way back to the main entrance. Any other suggestions?

4. What is the easiest way to get from Cologne to Phantasialand via public transport?

1. Yes it does - goes to the hotels first but stay on and it will take you to the entrance. Some services also stop in Rust village (which may be nearer).

2. I don't remember seeing anything about evening tickets, so will leave this one to someone else

3. Doing Arthur first as a new attraction followed by Wodan is likely a good idea if you arrive at park opening as I would imagine these will build up the longest queues (Wodan is fairly consistently the longest queue on park at the moment). Other than that, I wouldn't really say theres a set order of doing things.

4. You'll need to get a train to Bruhl then a shuttle bus. As far as I know, trains are relatively frequent, but have not done this journey myself so not 100% sure on frequencies and timings.

We were offered evening tickets when we arrived at Hotel Colosseo last month. :)

I can't remember what time and price it was though. I think it may have been after 4pm and reasonably priced. :)

Just a quick question about the EuroPass24. As I'm staying at the resort for several days I'll need to buy a pass to get back to Strasbourg, but where can I buy it from?

I know I purchase it from the blue ticket machines on the way there but I assume I can't by the one for the journey back at the same time?

Oh and I also know there is a family version for 2 adults and up to 2 children, does anyone know if you have to have children to use that one as it would save us a few Euro's if we could use that for just 2 adults ;)

Tim said:
Just a quick question about the EuroPass24. As I'm staying at the resort for several days I'll need to buy a pass to get back to Strasbourg, but where can I buy it from?

I know I purchase it from the blue ticket machines on the way there but I assume I can't by the one for the journey back at the same time?

Oh and I also know there is a family version for 2 adults and up to 2 children, does anyone know if you have to have children to use that one as it would save us a few Euro's if we could use that for just 2 adults ;)

I'm fairly sure you can buy it from the bus driver on the bus back to Ringsheim. :)

And no, no children required for the family ticket!

Yeah I would like to know the answer to that as well. If you can buy it from the bus driver at the park, that would be good.

Yes, you can get the Europass from the bus driver. In regards to an earlier question regarding using the Europass from Strasbourg Airport to Strasbourg, you need a separate ticket as far as I know.

Also, for anyone without an annual pass, if you are stopping on resort hotels , you get the last hour on park for free the day you arrive. Good for when you are arriving late one afternoon and planning to spend the following days on park. Just need to enquire at reception when you check in. Had this confirmed in an email from EP asking if this was still available. :)

My partner and I are going to Europa Park for the first time next weekend, and would like some advice from the knowledgeable people around here.

We're flying into Basel on Saturday and staying the night then getting the 07:06 train from Basel SBB to Rinsgheim. We'll get the shuttle bus and then check in at our (off-site) hotel, which is right over the road from the main gate from what I understand. We should hopefully be on park by about 09:30 as we've pre-booked and printed our tickets. We'll be on park all day Sunday 25th and Monday 26th.

I'm guessing both days, particularly the Sunday, will be pretty busy? I'm hoping the 2 days will be enough for us to ride all the coasters and most of the dark rides and a couple water rides (although I'm already sort of wishing we had a third day in case that ends up not being the case)...
Is there any particular rides we should hit first, or route to go? Would there be any rides we'd be best saving for the Monday to make the most of our time? Any helpful tips would be great to hear!

Also, any particular recommendations for (quick!) lunch on-park or dinner off-park? Off-park for dinner I was thinking about Ochsen one night and Alte Schmiede the other, although reading through this thread it sounds like Silver Lake Salloon one night and a buffet dinner the other might be nice.

@AstroDan Just a quick question... or two. Can you get a europass ticket from Strasbourg airport? Also does the europass cover the shuttle bus from Ringsheim? I know we got free travel with our annual pass, but that was only on certain days wasn't it?

We're visiting Europa from June 21-23 and had expected it to be quiet, as it's just after the Whitsun holiday, but before the summer holidays. However, looking at the EP website, the hotels are fully booked on the monday night. Any thoughts on why this is, and how busy we can expect it to be?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.