• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park 2014: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

AstroDan said:
Apres Park in Rust is a good pizzeria, abd has EP memorabilia from the years on the walls.

So I would suggest that, then one night at Silver Lake Saloon by the Tipi Village and then your upmarket hotel meal.

On park my favourites are Kaffi Hus for Bagels in Iceland, Fjord Restaurant in Scandinavia (Roland often uses the room on the first floor over the path to do work) and Pizzeria Venezia in Italy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant! Once again, thank you! :D

I agree with dan, you should go to the saloon one evening, and don't forget to book a table as it is often full. You can do it during the day from any Information point in the park.

Après Park is a great pizzeria, perfect if you want don't want to spend a fortune on your evening meal. It is not very expensive, and very good.
If you want to eat some german food, there are a few Gasthaus in Rust, 5 min walk from park Entrance. I would recommend Gasthaus Adler, or Altes Rathaus. Both are next to the Après Park restaurant.
On park you can also go to the Foodloop Rollercoaster Restaurant (food isnt special, but the concept is amazing), See Restaurant in the Austrian part, or SWR3 Rockcafé in the German Allee, just next to the park main entrance.

When myself and my other half were at EP in September, we ate at both après park and Pizzeria Garibaldi, which is just down the road.

I must say considering they are both about the same price, we found the food in Garibaldi to be of a significantly higher quality, and the staff there were extremely friendly - the owner made sure to shake our hand, ask how our holiday was going, and wondered what rides we'd gotten on in the park etc. The restaurant seemed to be less of a 'tourist-trap' style restaurant, and more of the type of place the real inhabitants of Rust ate at!

For reference, address is:
Pizzeria Garibaldi,Karl friedrich strasse 2, Rust, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Thanks for that - may try it next time!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The staff at apres park were awesome last time we went. Everywhere was closing and they were serving their last customers too, but they let us in and the chef and one waiter literally stood asking what we wanted and if we wanted more drinks. Most other places would have just refused to let us in, but they must have stayed open another hour just for us. Never had a problem with them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A few questions here:

1. What are the hotel discounts with an annual pass (interested in Castillo Alcazar and Bell Rock)?
2. Is early ride time during Summer only 30 minutes and exclusive to hotel guests or pass holders too?
3. How do the log cabins compare to the hotels (mainly concerned about the shared bathrooms :p )?
4. How many Euros should we have per day (not fussed about loads of merch), with / without breakfast?
5. What's Guesthouse Circus Rolando like (parking, ERT availability, breakfast, room quality, etc...)?

BigAl said:
A few questions here:

1. What are the hotel discounts with an annual pass (interested in Castillo Alcazar and Bell Rock)?
2. Is early ride time during Summer only 30 minutes and exclusive to hotel guests or pass holders too?
3. How do the log cabins compare to the hotels (mainly concerned about the shared bathrooms :p )?
4. How many Euros should we have per day (not fussed about loads of merch), with / without breakfast?
5. What's Guesthouse Circus Rolando like (parking, ERT availability, breakfast, room quality, etc...)?

1. None.
2. Hotel guests only, 30 mins.
3. Far more basic. Like a posh campsite.
4. €50.
5. Sod the Guest House

:)

What's wrong with the Guesthouse, might I ask? :p

Also, I saw someone mention that they had a hire car dropped off at Europa Park for them, but I've yet to find a company who lists that option. We'd only need a hire car for the day we go to Tripsdrill, so I'm guessing it'd be cheaper to go from Basel Airport to Europa Park via the suggested shuttle and then get the hire car for Tripsdrill and heading back to the airport?

You can hire cars from Hotel Colosseo through Sixt, it comes under 'Rust Europa Park' on the Sixt website. Did this in August 2011 to go to Holiday Park for the day, was very handy :) Cost me around €110 I think, that being with no excess etc. So doesn't work out too expensive per person if you have a car full!

Only minor thing was, it took a while to pick the keys up as the desk isn't always manned. Took about 30 minutes so may be an idea to allow for this.

With how friendly some of our members are with the Mack family, we must be on Porsche borrowing levels now? :p

Ian

BigAl said:
What's wrong with the Guesthouse, might I ask? :p

Also, I saw someone mention that they had a hire car dropped off at Europa Park for them, but I've yet to find a company who lists that option. We'd only need a hire car for the day we go to Tripsdrill, so I'm guessing it'd be cheaper to go from Basel Airport to Europa Park via the suggested shuttle and then get the hire car for Tripsdrill and heading back to the airport?

The Guesthouse is satisfactory inside, but inconvenient.

You have to travel to the hotels for breakfast and ERT Entry, and they don't advise you stay there without a car.

For the extra 20%, the main resort hotels are far better.

Only positive about Guesthouse is the fact some rooms overlook German Alley and it's a 5 minute walk to Silver Lake Saloon!

Mattmash said:
You can hire cars from Hotel Colosseo through Sixt, it comes under 'Rust Europa Park' on the Sixt website. Did this in August 2011 to go to Holiday Park for the day, was very handy :) Cost me around €110 I think, that being with no excess etc. So doesn't work out too expensive per person if you have a car full!

Only minor thing was, it took a while to pick the keys up as the desk isn't always manned. Took about 30 minutes so may be an idea to allow for this.

Didn't actually know you could do this - worth remembering for when I fancy a trip up to the Totdnau for the rodelbahn and I've not got the car!

Just in the final stages of booking Europa [for the first time] for the Junket, and I'm sure I recall somebody mentioning to ask for a good view when booking the hotels. What sort of 'good view' can be expected from Bell Rock?

Would this help, Danny?

402788_4567731918467_1819829944_n.jpg

(N.B. Picture is my own.)

Technically, you cannot specify a view at Bell Rock. Also, there is no guarantee they will be able to accommodate the request. However, it can be worth a try.

:)

I'm not too fussed what we get really, but I did indeed put it in as a request. Now officially counting down the days to my first visit to Europa :)

Danny said:
I'm not too fussed what we get really, but I did indeed put it in as a request. Now officially counting down the days to my first visit to Europa :)

Glad to hear this! You will love exploring the place the first time you go!

:D

The 7-seater car we want to hire for our group of six on busybeecarhire.com (smallest and best priced vehicle we can find which fits us all in) when we get to Basel airport is £221.77 in the French side, yet the same vehicle is £382.63 in the Swiss - the side we'll be getting off at (best price for the Swiss side is on airportscarhire.com).

We won't need to drive through Switzerland, according to the quickest route from the airport to Europa Park, and if we have to pass from Switzerland to France to drive up to Europa Park the faster route, we may have to pay for Swiss highway tax (assuming TripAdvisor reports are correct).

There's also the matter of returning the car in the correct side so we don't have to pay any other fees.

Are we able to land at one side and hire a car from the other? Anyone know of a better priced vehicle for six than what we've found so far? Also, does anyone know for certain of any charges we're likely to run into when hiring a car from France or Switzerland and passing from Switzerland into France and then Germany, or from France into Germany (if we are able to hire the cheaper vehicle)?

Obviously we'd use a shuttle if we weren't attempting Erlebnispark Tripsdrill as well, but considering we are more than likely going to check that park out too... :p

You just walk through any side you want at Basel. There's no customs or anything.

After collecting bags, exit for France.

Hi Guys,

Me and the girlfriend have booked to go to EP in August and I've got a couple of questions regarding getting to/once on resort if anyone could help me out please :) -

• I'm looking for the email address for the mini bus transfer you can book. I know it's in here somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it!
  • Once you're on resort are you able to use the pools in other hotels or are you only allowed to use facilities in your own?
  • How easy is it to get to EP via public transport from Basel or Strasbourg?

Thanks in advance :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.