• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Don't miss Imperio, the show in colosseo lobby that is played every night.
It is free, even if you are not staying in the resort. :)

Thinking of visiting EP for winter for the first time, potentially betwixt Christmas and New Year. Is it particularly busy? I've ridden everything bar Arthur before, but would rather not be up against massive crowds.

The park is totally empty between Christmas and NYE, so no risk of any massive queueline for you. :-D

Europa-Park handle crowds really well anyway so I really wouldn't agonise.

Dave is correct.

Wodan, Blue Fire and Silver Star all offer front row queues. However, Euro-Mir, Eurosat, Alpenexpress, Schweizer Bob Bahn, Pegasus, Atlantica Super Splash, Poseidon and Matterhorn Blitz all allow you to ride in front row if you wish as they are not batched and you can go to any row. The only ride which wouldn't offer you a choice is Arthur due to the nature of the ride system. However, Arthur makes little difference.

There are also Single Rider queues on Blue Fire, Wodan and Arthur.

Dave is correct.

Wodan, Blue Fire and Silver Star all offer front row queues. However, Euro-Mir, Eurosat, Alpenexpress, Schweizer Bob Bahn, Pegasus, Atlantica Super Splash, Poseidon and Matterhorn Blitz all allow you to ride in front row if you wish as they are not batched and you can go to any row. The only ride which wouldn't offer you a choice is Arthur due to the nature of the ride system. However, Arthur makes little difference.

There are also Single Rider queues on Blue Fire, Wodan and Arthur.
Thank you very much, Astro! Do front row queues get very long?

Front row queues vary.

Silver Star can often appear long, but if the ride is using the main loop on the 1st floor, the front row splits off around 10 minutes from the end of the main queue. And if full, down the side of the building, the front row queue is 25 minutes on 3 train operation... so an extra 15 minutes. Blue Fire varies massively... if it's not beyond the door/arch it's around 10-15 minutes - however sometimes it can be up to 30 minutes if fuller... but like Silver Star, Blue Fire's front row queue splits 10 minutes prior to the end of the main queue. Wodan tends to be shortest, although the split is right at the end of the queue (more like Nemesis). If the front row queue is at the top of the stairs, it's around 10 minutes. If it's 1/2 way down the stairs around 20 minutes and if it's at the bottom... I wouldn't bother. But it rarely is. A fun fact: The front row queue of Silver Star on its own gets around 200 people per hour. That is similar to Wild Mouse at Blackpool in its entirety :p

Many thanks for all the valuable info.

Right now I'm first trying to get the basics sorted out and can't seem to find any good guidelines online on when the best time is to visit EP. This seems to be the most informed site, so I hope that somebody will be able to provide me with some guidance, pretty please.

My son (currently 7) and I would like to go during one of the following periods in 2015, and would like to know which is likely to be the quietest time or best time to go (not necessarily the same thing...):

3 or 4 days somewhere in the period:
  • between 2 and 11 April 2015, or
  • between 27 June and 18 July 2015, or
  • between 3 and 10 October 2015
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The quietest time is for sure at the beginning of the season. June is busy because it's the start of the summer, with many students having holidays, and october is really busy because it's Halloween season + Germany National day on the 3rd. For example last Saturday the park was closing at 20.30, meaning more that 1h queueline for both Bluefire and Wodan.
So if you can, try to come in April, it will be quiet! :)

Thanks for the help Pedro.

I am trying to plan a trip to go to EP, Efteling and Parc Asterix and would then need to include those all between 2 and 11 April 2015, which includes the Easter weekend.

How does EP get before, during and after the Easter weekend (3 - 6 April 2015)? Quiet for the whole time.......?

It's not quiet bit it isn't jammed. I don't balk at busy days anyway... capacity is mega and they'll extend closing :)

Does anyone know when the Europa-Park 2015 season starts? I hear it's in April, but does anyone know when? Looking at going during the Easter break if it's open.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.