• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yup as Cheese said, it's due to you needing to travel back and forth between El Andaluz and the guesthouse for checking in/out and also for breakfast each morning :).

What's the general food price like in the hotels? I'm more thinking bar food if it's available.

In general fairly expensive. The pizza place in Colosseo is supposed to be moderately priced, but everywhere else is fairly pricey. Colosseo did do bar snacks last year, although not much of a selection and certainly nothing to be considered a light meal. If you've not tried it yet go to Silver Lake Saloon at the Tipidorf (and providing you can get a reservation). Decent food for good prices there, and it's a must do when you're around there.

It's at the tipidorf, EP's western themed camping resort. It's a short walk from the main entrance. If you're still on park, pop into guest services and they'll see if there's any tables going.

Lol! Ok, we'll have a think about it. Will probably end up going to some of the local restaraunts. :)

Is it normal to have no phone signal around Rust? Neither of us could get one yesterday when we had a wander about, however we're wondering if there's any connection inside EP.

Cheers. :)

I've often had signal issues in Rust. It depends on your network and phone combination though.

Cheers, we've just managed to get a signal. Will see how it works out today!

Signal should in general be ok for calls/texts, it can sometimes be a bit iffy during bad weather. Data will be a problem especially if the park is busy due to capacity issues. Make use of the wifi on park to access Facebook.

Hello all,

I have a group of 4 theme park veteran adults coming from the US. This will be our first (and possibly only) trip to Europa Park, and we're really excited. I've read through this whole thread (and thank you for all of the info).

We're staying at Castillo Alcazar for three nights, driving ourselves and arriving Sat night in Mid May (16th-19th). We'll be going to the park Sun and Mon. We *might* have a chance to spend 1/2 a day there on our departing Tues.

We're big coaster fans, and plan to hit all of them. We'll do all of the dark rides as well, plus any of the flat rides that look different or really well themed. We're less concerned with the shows or parades, and will likely skip them all (especially since none of us speak German), unless there is something special (Note that we're also not thrilled with being soaking wet, so we'll probably skip the wettest rides. Yes, we're lame, I know).

I have a few questions that I can't find answers to:

1) Touring Plan Suggestion? This is the most important for a Type-A completist like myself. Is there a best ride order (assuming Blue Fire is not part of early entry)? We can all walk all day and move pretty fast, but EP looks pretty big and I'd rather not do more back and forth than necessary. Should we hit the coasters in one land first, then do the other rides in that area? Should we coaster hop through the park and then come back for the other rides?

2) Three day ticket? Does one still exist? I see references to it if you stay at a resort hotel, which we are, but it is not listed on the EP website. Having one might make us stick around for more riders Tues morning. If not, I won't pay full price for a few more hours.

3) The hotels are pretty booked. Best guess for Mid-May: Do you think the park hours will be extended Sun and Mon night? I realize it's just a guess.

Thanks so much for the help!

Steve in Philadelphia, PA USA

Hello all,
1) Touring Plan Suggestion? This is the most important for a Type-A completist like myself. Is there a best ride order (assuming Blue Fire is not part of early entry)? We can all walk all day and move pretty fast, but EP looks pretty big and I'd rather not do more back and forth than necessary. Should we hit the coasters in one land first, then do the other rides in that area? Should we coaster hop through the park and then come back for the other rides?

2) Three day ticket? Does one still exist? I see references to it if you stay at a resort hotel, which we are, but it is not listed on the EP website. Having one might make us stick around for more riders Tues morning. If not, I won't pay full price for a few more hours.

3) The hotels are pretty booked. Best guess for Mid-May: Do you think the park hours will be extended Sun and Mon night? I realize it's just a guess.

1) The best ride order is to enter Spain via the hotel guest VIP entrance at 8:30am, doing Early Ride Time rides and then being ready for the rest of rides to open at 9:00am. Arthur would be a good bet first thing as it gets fairly long queues as it is newer and is close to the Early Ride area. Most rides do not get queues - especially dark rides. The park has a LOT of ride stock and this really helps keep them down. Operations are also excellent. I honestly don't advocate simply touring the coasters in the park in a credit grab style, as the park really isn't the type. Focus on water rides, dark rides and rollercoasters on day 1. You will get it all done by closing time - which will be extended as needed depending on crowds. Then on day 2 and 3, you can do the best rides again, fill in anything you haven't done and perhaps even see a show - as they are pretty strong.

2) A three day ticket does exist and costs €102.00 for hotel guests.

3) Sunday park hours may well be extended. Monday I am less sure. The park are very flexible - probably the best I have ever visited for responding to demand on the day.

:)

No one knows EP as well as our Astro. ;) You came to the right place for advice in English.
OI! Who is the guide?! :p

I would also say that you should have a look at 1 show at least. they really are some of the best shows you will find in a theme park. With a 2 (or 3) days visit you'll have time, and in most of them, you have no need to speek german to understand the story. However the Parade is not worth waiting for it, it's not that great.

For extended hours, Sunday will certainly be. For monday, If there are School holiday in Germany, Swiss or/and France (I didn't check) you can expect a busier park, and it will be extended. Otherwise you might only get 30min more with the park closing at 6.30.

Last edited:
Hehe, you're local, you don't count. ;)

As for shows, I'd say if you only see only, see the arena show. It's nice and violent. :D

Not strictly Europa Park based, but....

Anyone used (Im sure some have) their EP annual pass at Efteling and Phantasia and if so, what is the general procedure? Just turn up and hand over your EP pass or do you have to go to a booth and show them your pass and they print out a ticket???

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.