• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The actually blend in very well with each other and often you hardly tell you are in a different area apart from the occasional flags and décor of the streets. There are, however, signs everywhere to help with navigation.
Wonderful, thank you. :)

It takes about a week on park, over several visits, before you truely know your way around. By far the worst area for me is Greece, especially the cluster of buildings round the EP Express station. I often find myself walking round in circles, unable to find the hidden alley that leads out of the maze of buildings.

It is impossible to picture the whole park in your head at once, you have to go by waypoints, for example to get to Pirates in Batavia... Entrance > Italy, round the back of Volo Da Vinci > head towards and past Euro Tower > straight on till you get to Russia > turn left at Mir > right at Historama, under the bridge that leads to Food Loop > Netherlands, go round the teacups it's on your left.

Try and think of it in terms of "what landmarks are next to where I want to go?" I advise memorising the park map and ariel images in detail before you visit.

Just as a general comment, unless anybody happens to be perceptive of the routes and ride/attraction placements first time round, I don't recommend walking anywhere by yourself on your first few visits without a map.

Just as a general comment, unless anybody happens to be perceptive of the routes and ride/attraction placements first time round, I don't recommend walking anywhere by yourself on your first few visits without a map.
Of course I'll take a map around lol! Wasn't planning on not. I'd be hopeless.

The reason I asked about the park areas is because I want to get on everything, and was thinking of making a list, and dividing the rides into location. This way if I haven't done a certain ride by day 3 (I'm having 3 days there), I know I need to go into that area to find the ride. And as @DiogoJ42 says, if I can't find something within an area, I'll find out what's next to it and find my way there.

Cheers!

Of course I'll take a map around lol! Wasn't planning on not. I'd be hopeless.

The reason I asked about the park areas is because I want to get on everything, and was thinking of making a list, and dividing the rides into location. This way if I haven't done a certain ride by day 3 (I'm having 3 days there), I know I need to go into that area to find the ride. And as @DiogoJ42 says, if I can't find something within an area, I'll find out what's next to it and find my way there.

Cheers!

I meant the post as a general comment to everybody who looks in this topic but I'll accept the thanks anyway.

All prices in the first post have been updated again to take into account the new exchange rates of €1.35 = £1.00.

:)

As non resort guests, would my dad and myself be able to get the 3-day park tickets or is that JUST for the resort guests? If not, it's not a problem and we'll just get a 2-day and a 1-day. :)

The 3 day ticket price on the first post is for resort guests only. I've never got a 3 day ticket myself without staying on resort, but as per Dan's post it should still be possible although the price will be slightly more :).

Yup.

It's available for non resort guests although expect to pay around €10pp more.

Yup.

It's available for non resort guests although expect to pay around €10pp more.
I think that we're going to get a 2 day and a 1 day ticket each anyway, in case my dad decides to go exploring around the area on the last day and I go on park by myself. :)

Hey, I am tempted to book a somewhat last-minute trip to EP during my Easter break. I have Saturday 28th March until Sunday 19th of April off. Are there any times within that that would be quieter to visit the park? I saw that the 27th is the first day of the season so I'm guessing towards the end of my holiday would be quieter.

I make it a point to ensure there is something I have never ridden at EP so I always have a good reason to go back :)

Ian

Hey, I am tempted to book a somewhat last-minute trip to EP during my Easter break. I have Saturday 28th March until Sunday 19th of April off. Are there any times within that that would be quieter to visit the park? I saw that the 27th is the first day of the season so I'm guessing towards the end of my holiday would be quieter.
Easter holidays aren't busy really.

Avoid Easter weekend though to be safe.

Hey... I'm traveling to Germany in the first week of June and will be in the area of Europa Park on the 4th and 5th. My husband and I are still in the process of planning our trip, and are not sure if we should spend both these days at the park or if one is enough. We have 2 children, 3 and 5 years old. We will not be going on any roller coasters which seem to be a big attraction here. So my question is, considering activities for children the age of mine, how long is enough at the park? And what activities are recommended for young kids with parents?
I'm glad to have stumbled onto this thread.. :)

Do not worry for your children, Europa Park is a perfect place for Familly.
As Dave says, you might need 2 days if you want to do everything. But considering that you don't want to go on the biggest (or even any) coaster, were the longest queuelines are, 1 could be enough to do most of the park.
You will find small attractions everywhere, and also don't miss the biggest ones that are not coasters (Piraten In Batavia, Geisterschloss for example). You will also find a fantastic playground in the Vikingerland, I used to love this as a child, and could have spent a whole day only there.
And of course, dont miss the shows, that are all fantastic in their style. My favourite always is the Ice Show, but the one in the spanish area and Teatro Del Arte are very close to it.

Quick question regarding Gastehaus Circus Rolando: why do they state it's necessary to arrive by car? I understand the reception is in El Andaluz, but from what I can see you'd only need to use a car to get from there to the Gastehaus (I personally think it's walking distance). Is there any other reason behind this?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.