• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Excellent! There are pools in several of the hotels - I quite like Santa Isabel for a swim, as it is always quiet and feels quite idyllic.

:)

I am looking at going Europa Park with the missus on the 3rd June till the 5th June (staying at El Andaluz) with 2 day park tickets for 516 euros then flights from Manchester will cost £128 on top of that. Do you guys think I will have enough time to do everything if I arrive on the 3rd at 9:20PM (crap flights) and check in that night then go the park on the 4th and 5th then leave that same night on the 5th at about 7PM to make our 9.50PM flight back to Manchester?

Could someone tell me - is there a place to store any luggage we may have once we check out on the 5th because we want to go into the park on that day and don't want to carry it around.

Also what would be the best way to get from Basel airport as their is only 2 of us so a shuttle will be to expensive. Looking for a quick way to get to the hotel seeing as the flight we arrive on is at 9:20PM. Also when do the swimming pools close is there a set time as on the 4th might want to go for a dip after a day on the park just to chill out a little.

Thanks in advance.

Late evening I am unsure on transport other than private hire? Usually, train would work if there are only two of you.

As for the time, two days is OK for a first visit.

There are luggage rooms in the hotels to leave baggage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ok here is the annoying question that has no right answer.

What would anyone suggest for spending money for our trip. We will be there for 2 full days and 2 half days.

We have breakfast included so will need lunch and dinner each day.

We are planning on visiting food loop but I have not researched the other restaurants yet.

We might buy some ride t-shirts but we don't normally go mad on that sort of stuff.

€80 per person per full day. So maybe €250pp for your whole trip?

I suggest one evening meal at one of the buffet restaurants, and one at Silver Lake Saloon.

Food Loop is on park and is only really suited to lunch.

Around €140/£115.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'll do some research for you into alternatives shortly so watch this thread.

What time do you arrive at Basel?

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Your a star mate. We arrive at 9:20PM - flying from Manchester with EasyJet.

I have done some research, and reckon the best way for you to get to EP is using the Steifvater-Reisen shuttle service, which will cost you €99.00 in total (£80.00). I know this seems a lot, but the cost of a taxi/train/taxi would be around €80 and would take 3x as long. The €99.00 fare is for up to 4 people, so it's just tough luck that you're only 2.

You can organise your shuttle here. There's an email address to use, and a reservation form. You can always use Google Translate if there's a language problem.

You would need to tell them that your flight arrives from London with Easyjet (incl. flight number) at 9.20pm. With this service, if your flight is on time, you'd probably be at EP by 10.45pm, it's an hour - and probably less at that time of night. Using public transport would involve a taxi into Basel, a 1 hour 40 minute train, then another taxi - and you'd not be at EP until 1.00am - the last trains of the day are slower.

For any train information, you can use www.bahn.co.uk - the nearest station to EP is Ringsheim.

Hope that helps?

/\ Looks like I will be taking the shuttle idea. Missus is unsure weather to stop at the actual resort hotels as they are quiet dear compared with the local hotels/apartments - anyone stopped out of the resort before and recommend anywhere nice? Would love to stop at the resort hotels but seeing as we are mainly going because I want to go (she isn't as much of an avid enthusiast as me) it is a little harder to convince her that it is worth the extra money to stop on site.

Try www.booking.com and search Europa park. I'm stopping in Abuja Apartments when I go in June, which is over the road and has some good reviews. I know some people talk highly of Elzpark Apartments and Guesthouse Mama.

Although I'm sure Dan will have a list of Astro-approved hotels :p

The resort hotels are well worth the money.

If she is worried its going to be like stopping at Alton Towers, it is a massive step up from that.

Ian

As above, the Europa-Park Resort Hotels are pure quality. Escapism of the highest order. The rooms are delightful. Santa Isabel is very romantic, too and would make the perfect break. However, I would also recommend Colosseo and Bell Rock. It may cost an extra whack on your holiday but I assure you it'd make it much more memorable.

Book on the EP Website,or if there's no availability there, try www.expedia.co.uk for prices.

If keeping costs down is important, obviously don't, but these days on a trip to EP - if there's any way I can fork out the extra £100-£150 for the holiday to be at the hotels, I bloomin' well will!

Rather looking forward to booking EP from seeing the info

I have just checked my credit card and only £534 was taken. I booked bell rock for 3 people and park tickets, got the 20% off. Very happy :D

Which site did you book on? As when you book direct you only pay on check in.

I went through the main EP site. Its in their terms and conditions for the 20% off promotion. Have to pay for it when booking.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.