• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Jem8472 said:
I went through the main EP site. Its in their terms and conditions for the 20% off promotion. Have to pay for it when booking.

Ah! That'll be why. My bad!

I'm sure you'll love Bell Rock! It's beautifully furnished.

The Restaurant Menu's are available online, for all of the resort hotel restaurants.

If anyone's wondering:

Hotel Bell Rock
Harborside - Buffet Restaurant (International cuisine with a colonial twist) c€35pp
Captain's Finest - A la carte restaurant (steaks, fresh fish, burgers, pasta) c€40pp
Ammolite - Fine dining a la carte (top end restaurant) c€80pp

Hotel Colosseo
Antica Roma - Buffet Restaurant (International cuisine) c€30pp
Medici - A la carte restaurant (italian, international) c€40pp
Cesare - A la carte restaurant (italian, international) €50pp

Hotel Santa Isabel
Sala Santa Isabel - Buffet Restaurant (high quality, steaks etc.) c€40pp

Hotel Castillo Alcazar
Restaurant Castillo - Buffet Restaurant (International cuisine) c€30pp

Hotel El Andaluz
Restaurant Don Quichotte - A la carte restaurant (spanish, tapas) c€40pp

Camp Resort
Silver Lake Saloon - A la carte restaurant (burgers, steaks, grills) c€20pp

:)

Willing to book a taxi for the people going to EP in April flying from Manchester. Just need to know a few more details first such as who is staying in whos room and who will need the shuttle.

Antica Roma - Buffet Restaurant (International cuisine, complete with a Waiter who throws your anticipated glass of Coke over an unsuspecting member of your party) c€30pp.

I've visited EP several times now yet I'm still to stay on resort. I've been in the hotel rooms, drank in all of the bars, eaten in the restaurants etc, I've just never stayed over. I'm going to look in to it for Terenzi/whatever the Halloween event will be this year.

Benedique said:
Antica Roma - Buffet Restaurant (International cuisine, complete with a Waiter who throws your anticipated glass of Coke over an unsuspecting member of your party) c€30pp.

I've visited EP several times now yet I'm still to stay on resort. I've been in the hotel rooms, drank in all of the bars, eaten in the restaurants etc, I've just never stayed over. I'm going to look in to it for Terenzi/whatever the Halloween event will be this year.

Who do they drop the coke on so I know to avoid it :p

I jest, it's lovely in there. The poor Waiter had to bring out a tray of around 9 drinks, his wrist went limp and the tray tipped all over DanB.

I have just been looking at flight prices and Flying Swiss air from LCY is about the same price as Easy jet from Gatwick.

It does look like parking charges at the airport are a lot more expensive at LCY than at LGW.

It would be good to from from the city airport as I have never flown from there before. :)

Can't you just get a train to London if flying from City?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That is something I will look at, We are planning on staying the night before in a hotel due to the flight probably being an early one about 8am

Great information here people :)
Does anybody know how much the 3 day park tickets cost on the day, are they the same price as the hotel offer? Will be staying in Rust for the first couple of nights, so won't be able to use the hotel offer (as I presume they are valid from the day you check in)

Dylan said:
Great information here people :)
Does anybody know how much the 3 day park tickets cost on the day, are they the same price as the hotel offer? Will be staying in Rust for the first couple of nights, so won't be able to use the hotel offer (as I presume they are valid from the day you check in)

The hotel price for a 3-day pass is cheaper than the 'on the gate' price. I can't remember the difference, but recall somewhere around €10 or €15 difference.

Thought that might be the case. Will investigate further nearer the time!

Alright then, I'm booked and going over in late June! :)

Now then, is there anything going at that time or is in peak season as I really have no idea what I'm getting myself in for.

QTXAdsy said:

Now then, is there anything going at that time or is in peak season as I really have no idea what I'm getting myself in for.

Late June isn't a busy period, although are you there on any weekend days? It's often nice to have a day or two of it being a little busier, as chances are you get a significantly longer day in the park.

AstroDan said:
QTXAdsy said:

Late June isn't a busy period, although are you there on any weekend days? It's often nice to have a day or two of it being a little busier, as chances are you get a significantly longer day in the park.

It is the 27th and 28th I'll be there, the only reason that i'm taking two days is that is that I only know that this is a massive park.

Also, I've been given a cheeky bet from a friend here for me to go to EP wearing a Netherlands football top to tease the Germans!

You shouldn't find it so busy, then.

Two days is minimum, yes - the park is enormous and has an awful lot of attractions!

AstroDan said:
Two days is minimum

But don't rush and try and get everything done in those two days. One of the beautiful things about Europa Park is the little things that can be easily missed. I have spent 7 days on park at Europa and still not done everything.

The good thing about not doing everything though, it that it makes it a lot easier to justify going back :)

Ian

Planning on getting an EP annual pass. Going to be going a few times this year so hopefully I will get my moneys worth :)

Re: Europa-Park 2013: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

I have now completed the update to the 1st post in this topic, to reflect 2013 prices and season information.

The current exchange rate (£ vs €) means that prices in the Eurozone have increased around 10% for us compared to last summer. The prices quotes on page 1 are based on €1.16 = £1.00. Should the rate change, prices will naturally fluctuate.

Re: Europa-Park 2013: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Just booked my flights.
Just have airport parking to sort out, and a over night stay before we fly, EP transfer. Slowly getting sorted :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.