• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park 2013: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

That's a great video! :D

Something no video can really capture is the atmosphere and feeling you get in EP. Walking up to the ticket booths alone is great! Imagine that feeling of awe when you first walk down Towers Street and see the Towers for the first time. Now imagine that feeling with an orchestra playing behind you as you walk! :p

Take me back to Europa now please!! I just wish I had the money to visit Europa as much as I visit Towers!

Europa-Park 2013: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Just booked up Colosseo for a couple of nights in October. We are also going to be staying for another two nights beforehand in a guesthouse. Have found one within budget up near Bell Rock. My question - during Halloween / Horror Nights, as non resort guests, would we be able to use the monorail from hotels to park entrance, as we will be doing Horror Nights, and also heading to Tipidorf those nights.

Dylan said:
Just booked up Colosseo for a couple of nights in October. We are also going to be staying for another two nights beforehand in a guesthouse. Have found one within budget up near Bell Rock. My question - during Halloween / Horror Nights, as non resort guests, would we be able to use the monorail from hotels to park entrance, as we will be doing Horror Nights, and also heading to Tipidorf those nights.

Generally, after the park closes, you'd have no problem using the EP Express from the station at the hotel resort. However, before park close, you'd have to show a valid park ticket and be staying in the hotels.

To get back from Tipidorf to the hotel resort can be a problem, though - because the EP Express is generally not designed to transport people from there, so you probably couldn't access the theme park after dark through the main gates and thus take the EP Express. The best thing would be to enquire at the Tipidorf reception, or - simply walk using the perimeter road round past Pegasus. It takes about 20 minutes.

Getting the EP Express after THN would be no problem, as it runs from the station in Greece.

:)

Thanks Dan, I don't really mind the walk around to Tipidorf but thought I would ask.
Taking first timers this year, very excited.

The next part of my EP holiday I need to think about booking is transfer to and from the park and the airport.

Is it best to book the transfer back from the park to the Airport at the same time or do I leave it and sort it out when I am over there?

I'd say allow half an hour to walk from the hotels to Tipidorf (and not just if you are old and fat like me). This is because a) you will be knackered after a day on park, and b) you will want to keep stopping to gawp at / take pictures of the rear of Blue Fire and Wondan! :p

After my car failing again I'm going have to go next year know :(

What kind of spending money is advised for Europa per day? Just pricing up a trip out of interest...

Ermm just wondering if anybody wants to go early August 2013

josht said:
Ermm just wondering if anybody wants to go early August 2013

Stop it Josh ;)

Work on €50 a day :)

Maybe allow €80 on one day so you can have a posh meal!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Having recently driven from Rotherham/Sheffield/South Yorkshire to Europa Park, the trip is roughly 12 hours depending on how long you stop/how fast you drive/choice of channel crossing.

It was my first time driving in Europe, and it was no more difficult than driving in England. Yes, there are plenty of toll roads, but in my car we had a https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/ Toll Tag, and I estimate this saved roughly 20-30 minutes, from not having to stop at the tolls. It costs the same, apart from the initial setup fees, but I would still recommend this.

The total cost of Diesel was £180 roughly, the tolls roughly £85, and the channel tunnel was £100, so assuming you can fit 3/4 people in to your car, it can work out cheaper than flying, and also means you do not have to worry about your suitcases being overweight.

For anyone tempted, I would recommend it. It can be done in one go, but if I was to do this trip again, I would try and have a overnight stop mid journey, as I was getting very tired by the time we arrived at Europa Park.

Reading this thread, and realising how cheap it is to get there, makes me wish I had more holidays to book so I could go back sooner.

Ian

I have sent off a request for a transfer from Basel to EP. Just waiting to get a reply :)

Tempted to make a bit of a trip out of my next visit and have a look around Basel and maybe do Strasbourg again.

Oktoberfest anyone before europa ??

josht said:
Oktoberfest anyone before europa ??

I looked into that, but Oktoberfest ends on the 6th October this year :(

Indeed, would love to go to Oktoberfest one year!

Despite the name, it always ends on the first Sunday in Oct so mainly takes place in September :)

This year i'm going to EP for the first time ever in June! :D Anybody got any must-do's or sees or just generic tips?

Hi all. I hope you can help me. I am going to Europa park in November this year. I have booked an apartment just 10 mins away form the park and booked flights from London city to Basel. The only thing I am having problems with is the transfer between the airport at the park again.

I not to worried about the travel time, but I do want to keep the costs down. The inbound flight lands at 11am and we don't plan on going to the park till the following day. Anyone know the cheapest way to do it and how long it would take? I am a bit stupid travelling abroad so simple instructions would help!

Thank you

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.