• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Are you ever to old to go to Alton Towers?

bex

TS Member
I am hopefully going to alton towers next saturday due to the fact that i won tickets in a competition and my mum asked me... Aren't you too old to go to alton towers.. I was like mum i just won tickets.

I was wondering... Is she right?

No of course not! You're never too old for theme parks as long as you continue to enjoy them!

:)

My parents have joked about that to me.

Simple answer: NO. If you enjoy them enough then visit them for as long as you want! :)

Due to the fact that Alton Towers is bathed in such a rich history that even the elderly audience can appreciate and experience, the answer to the question is a simple 'no'. If you were going to Gulliver's World perhaps then the question would arguably be justified, but seeing as Alton Towers caters for all ages, you can't be 'too old' to visit.

Hence why Diogo still visits on the odd occasion.

WHAT?!

"Aren't you to old to be having fun?"

Summed up in one phrase a huge part of what is wrong with our world. Try hanging around with some pensioners when the youngsters aren't around, take my Nan, she stands on her front lawn singing "MY SEX IS ON FIRE" playing air guitar, and would LOVE a go on the rides at Towers, she's where my coaster obsession comes from!! Her favourite band is Kaiser Chiefs and when I expressed that I didn't really like them I think she was about to punch me in the face.

I intend to be going to Alton Towers in my zimmer frame/electric buggy, whatever. The only thing that will stop me going there will be death itself. And even then i'd like to have my ashes scattered in the gardens so I can still walk amongst them in the afterlife. Actually, thats a thought - you think my annual pass will still get me in for free in the afterlife or will they do a discount for dead people?

GaryH said:
I intend to be going to Alton Towers in my zimmer frame/electric buggy, whatever. The only thing that will stop me going there will be death itself. And even then i'd like to have my ashes scattered in the gardens so I can still walk amongst them in the afterlife. Actually, thats a thought - you think my annual pass will still get me in for free in the afterlife or will they do a discount for dead people?

OMG dude, macabre but hilarious!!

See if you can get a job in the Haunted House.

Do elderly people in zimmer fames/electric buggies get to use the disabled entrance to rides? If so, bring on my 90th! I'll be 'The oldest ride whore' then when my heart explodes after my 20th turn on nemmy (which will DEFINITELY still be there ;) ), I'll die a happy man.

bex said:
I am hopefully going to alton towers next saturday due to the fact that i won tickets in a competition and my mum asked me... Aren't you too old to go to alton towers.. I was like mum i just won tickets.

I was wondering... Is she right?

Looking at our responses Bex, do you think it is safe to say, the forum does not agree with your mum lol?

It is like the question are people too old to play pranks. The reply is on TV called 'Off their rockers'

I will still be going to AT until my body can't take the ride anymore. I am looking forward to taking my grandkids to AT. I want my stepkids and daughter to hide they faces as I get intune with the grandkids and run to rides with them.

you all got me there. I agree with all of you. The only thing that will give me piece of mind when i die is that a little bit of my ashes will be scattered in every theme park in the country. Although i still go to Gulliver's world in fact the last time i went was two years ago when i was turning 13.

So any of you going to the towers next saturday :D

Going this Saturday but not next - however....

A while back all the old farts on this forum (me included) were talking about a OAP outing to the Towers for a meet up.

Anyone still fancy this?

Young 'uns can come along too just as long as they dont start walking too quickly, or talking about all that pop music stuff, or all these touch screen malarkies. My mobile phone still has buttons and a seperate battery the size of a brick which lasts an hour.

GaryH said:
Going this Saturday but not next - however....

A while back all the old farts on this forum (me included) were talking about a OAP outing to the Towers for a meet up.

Anyone still fancy this?

Young 'uns can come along too just as long as they dont start walking too quickly, or talking about all that pop music stuff, or all these touch screen malarkies. My mobile phone still has buttons and a seperate battery the size of a brick which lasts an hour.

haha Idk im only 15 and i havent got a car so to go to alton towers is like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity :-[ :eek: :) ;) :D ;D

bex said:
haha Idk im only 15 and i havent got a car so to go to alton towers is like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity :-[ :eek: :) ;) :D ;D

Even more reason to make sure go on Oblivion and Rita then!

GaryH said:
bex said:

Even more reason to make sure go on Oblivion and Rita then!

Very this!!!!!! VERY VERY THIS.

It's good untill you've been somewhere better. Like any park outside the UK, for example.
(I'm probably not the best person to be selli this to you, tbh ;) )

But you are never too old for themeparks!