• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Art

ScottishChris

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Legend
I hate to admit, that if you were to visit my home you would be greeted by artistic features such as an Arrow Dynamics running wheel, a couple of Coaster Dynamics models and a couple of generally pleasing and inexpensive prints which were purchased in frames that were pleasing at the time (literally if you ask me what they are pictures of, I couldn't tell you without checking!). I visited The Louvre and was thoroughly bemused by the Mona Lisa. I am content that my understanding of 'art' is low.
With all this in mind, it may be my misunderstanding but how the heck is this 'art'???
I once had a panic attack at the gym when someone got a bit too close to me (within 1m) when I was getting changed... and I was in my boxers at the time.

On the other hand, I felt this was quite clever by the artist.
What I don't get is the number of pictures of people standing staring at the canvas. They are blank... that takes a fraction of a second to see. Why stare at them?

Is it jus me that is bamboozled by 'art'?

The one question about art as a whole. So what is it?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

The one question about art as a whole. So what is it?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Art mate, that's what it is.
Sort of everything that isn't the humanities, science, maths, engineering and languages I suppose.
That extra slot waste of time in the old school timetable, non exam, where you could nick off without anyone noticing.
"Going to the library Miss to look at pictures", then going home after five minutes...
That sir is art.