AT Sunday 27th May help please!

Discussion in 'Your Alton Towers Trip Reports and Plans' started by Thrillomatic, 6th May 2018.

1. Thrillomatic

Thrillomatic TowersStreet Member

OK, I know this is far from ideal but circumstances dictate it has to be this date (we usually go on random Inset days when it's dead and get shed-loads of rides in but AT isn't open on any of our Inset days this year ... grrr ...). Given that the date is not a variable what would be your best tips to get the most out of the day? Our main priority is WM, then the other thrill rides with some Duel-ling thrown in for good measure. We'll be there from first thing to closing and do not plan a sit-down lunch break. We've no mobility issues. Any advice would be most welcome, thank you!

Posted 6th May 2018
  2. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Buy a cheap fasttrack pass, get the other rides in early.
    Will likely be very busy.

imanautie likes this.
    Posted 6th May 2018
  3. Thrillomatic

Thank you @rob666, was suspecting we'd have to go down the fasttrack path. I guess we've been spoiled with all these years of going on quiet weekdays - and now, of course, these really quiet weekdays are few and far between ... sigh ..

Posted 6th May 2018
  4. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

Just keep in mind wickerman is only on the more expensive packages.
    Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Posted 8th May 2018
  5. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

...as I said.
    Get a cheap fasttrack, get the other rides in early.

Posted 9th May 2018
  6. Thrillomatic

Thanks!

Posted 9th May 2018
  7. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    Buying fast track to is playing straight into the hands of Merlin/Towers

Posted 9th May 2018
  8. Robert.W

Robert.W TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    When I buy a Fastrack, I'm not really thinking about how it will effect Merlin or Towers, I'm basing it off wether I think I'll have a better day either with or without having Fastrack.

I go to the park way too little to be waiting in the horrendous queues all day, and my dissatisfaction with Merlin isn't really enough to justify me not buying the Fastrack as that'd only make my day difficult, and would have no impact whatsoever on Merlin or Towers. To have any worthwhile impact, everyone would have to stop buying Fastrack but that's just not going to happen, and it'd be completely pointless of me not to buy Fastrack knowing I wouldn't actually be achieving anything apart from making my own day more difficult.

Thrillomatic and rob666 like this.
    Posted 9th May 2018
  9. Thrillomatic

I agree wholeheartedly. If I had the luxury of living closer to AT and I could visit regularly I'd be content to maybe have three or four rides in a day. But when geography and a busy schedule mean I can only manage one day a year at AT I need to maximise the number of rides I can go on. Previously I just struck lucky because I could plan to go on very quiet days and literally just walk on rides. But with AT's new opening schedule this is no longer an option. I'm not overly pleased about it but until Merlin take a leaf out of Roland's book if I want multiple rides on a busy day I can't see an alternative.

imanautie likes this.
    Posted 10th May 2018
  10. auntiiimartiii

auntiiimartiii TowersStreet Member

It's a shame I only have the annual pass...I live so close, it's the parking that puts me off nipping in for a ride or two (wheyyyy).

Well. Close. 45 minute drive.