• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ATR trip 2023 2nd June!! (Just a trip not a meet)

Mhoowee

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Icon
I am going to ATR on the 2nd of June which and I am just going to go on the new rides get a ride on Galactica and then do some more rides spend a lot of time at the Curse at Alton Manor and getting a cursed cone!!

(If anyone is going to be there I am happy to organise a time to meet and go on a ride!)

My report from the 2nd of June 2023:
So, I started this trip to ATR coming from Snowdon in Wales it was a 3hr trip, but when I arrived, I got greeted by live music and festivities coming from Mardi Gras. Once I got my RAP (Ride Access Pass) I went to Nemesis Sub-terra, now for my full review of sub terra. When entering the queue, you are greeted with some new screens which display a new pre-show with the people from #SeekTheTruth showing old Nemesis logs and new logs of the Phalanx's findings when getting to the front your MEANT to be batched into a group of 40, but they were doing it in a group of 30 which was kinda good but still, when we got into the indoor section they said 'Talk amongst yourselves while you wait' which I felt was quite unprofessional when the pre-show began the experience truly began when entering the lift it truly felt like I was going down which I found was impressive then getting to the main chamber and seeing the egg for the first time was amazing sadly the bar was not working and they took me off then it locked perfectly and so I left the attraction and they gave me nothing from it. Moving on to Galactica, when I got to the area I saw that the upkeep was bad/low I saw stickers peeling the only thing that I felt had good up keep was the Rollercoaster restaurant when I went to the main entrance they said that the main side was closed so I went round to the other RAP entrance and got on I noticed that the ride was running amazing this season and I do hope it stays this way, other than that Galactica seemed fine apart from getting off when I tried getting off the restraint would not unlock and it had to be manually opened and that was the first time I had ever seen it row 6 seat 4 on car 3.

When I went to the wonderful Curse at Alton Manor it was closed and I had a nice chat with a actor in the area and then some maintenance came out the building and were coming down the stairs towards main entrance then they stopped at a post and started hitting it with a hammer and the actor said they could not let anyone in till they fix that post, which was funny and then 5 mins later after the maintenance finished hitting the post they left and the ride opened and now for a WARNING! This part includes spoilers if you don't want to know about the curse at Alton Manor please skip ahead. When entering the interior of the building you are greeted with a sign saying about the property saying about the manor and giving a floor plan, moving deeper into the house you see a dolls house where ATR use a peppers ghost effect to make it look like the characters are inside the house and they not only use the peppers ghost effect they also use, projection mapping and UV lights as a pre-show entering the station it looks like the main hall for a new year's party then when you have boarded you see a family portrait of the Alton family when you get close the parents disappear and Emily emits a purple energy then you turn the corner and see the main hall with skeletons inside I will no longer be talking about the curse so that you lot can experience it.

When I reached Rita, I saw that the cars had been given new paint which was nice to see other than that completely the same. Th13teen was doing amazing this season its operations were frequent, and I think I heard a Anti rollback system in place I am not too sure other than that the exact same.
Moving on to Oblivion and Smiler Oblivion I saw no differences from the RAP queue but when in line for the smiler I used the RAP queue and it took me 1 hr and the main queue was a 45min wait and it was ridiculous I was near the front, and I did not move for half an hour now with my autism I find it hard to wait in lines that are over 40 mins so I used my RAP to avoid that but no it took longer to use RAP then main queue.