• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

B&M family invert for Happy Valley Shanghai

It was far from tame when I rode it. However I know they have done something with the wheels since.

:)

Re: B&M family invert for Happy Valley Shanghai

I hope it's intense as hell in April.

Found these photos over on TPR:

7bc4c415gw1eescwuy7jdj20vk0no78s.jpg

7bc4c415gw1eescwug0yrj20vk0nodiw.jpg

7bc4c415gw1eescwv08kbj20vk0noq4r.jpg

It just looks so wrong!!

The classiest family coaster ever though. Got to give them cred for getting B&M to build this! :p

They clearly wanted a Vekoma suspended coaster - that giant support looks just like something Vekoma would do. It's great to see B&M expanding their product range, but it still seems very odd that a park would choose them for a family ride when so many other manufacturers could build the same thing much more cheaply.

Exactly. If Movie Park Germany's tiny example is typical of the Vekoma SFC they're remarkably well engineered. I can't imagine that spending a fortune on B&M's equivalent would give you a product that's a big enough improvement over them to justify the expense.

Did they draw up plans for a Vekoma suspended then find a spare few million yuan in their back pocket...?

The track for this is now complete:

thumb_166d47af5b97d7bad3ff16c7ea962ce5.jpg

thumb_80844ce401d5f97614596e7d42db7467.jpg

thumb_bcefc201a92a657fd6460e4a9cd4c4aa.jpg

thumb_f6385eaf4209f4bfc177dbcd3cdee5de.jpg

I still think it looks plain wrong!

Looks like the ride experience will be similar to Vampire. But will it Swing?

If a UK park was to get one I think Legoland would be perfect :)

I think it doesn't look too bad. It is a bit chunky for a family coaster though.

Exactly what I thought Dave, overkill much?

Good god, everything about it is wrong! :p

I'd be interested to see how to cost of one of these stacks up to its Vekoma equivalent. I'm not sure wether I like it or not...

It is very similar to models offered by other companies at present, just with beefed up track, and many of these companies as I've said previously already have a firm footing in the family market, and know the area very well.

It's not doing any harm I guess, and it's nice to see B&M trying new ideas again, but if they start building more I just hope it doesn't take their eye off the thrill market ball. Vekoma knows families, B&M knows thrills. I'd hate for either one to loose any degree of quality or reputation by trying to do more outside their own market.

The final two helices will be taken at a snails pace I imagine. What a shame.

The trains have arrived:

obS7PlJ.jpg

dLlD6kQ.jpg

b28fmMn.jpg

Basically B&M's new restraints but without the vests.

Next they will be asking Lamborghini to build them a practical hatchback for the school run.

What on earth were they thinking?

Well it depends, B&Ms are well known for reliability. They're obviously 'built to last' and are a very good quality product and ride.

Whilst they're known more for their thrill coasters, I bet this is a great family ride. A long time ago on TTF I remember a discussion where myself and another said that B&M building a family coaster shouldn't necessarily be thought to be a 'never never'. Of course, 13 wasn't a B&M but widening their potential market can only be a good thing.

Well I would much prefer Swarm without the vests that get too tight.

Will be interesting to see what this looks like from a POV, or any reviews that might appear online.