• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

B&M family invert for Happy Valley Shanghai

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by gavin on CF.

All we know about this coaster is that it'll be a family inverted ride, manufactured by B&M, opening this year at Six FlagsHappy Valley Shanghai.

9LU1oIg.jpg

Kinda looks like the Vekoma Family Suspended, especially Orkanen. B&M are doing all sorts of weird shizzle recently, something must have got into the Monthey water...

A family B&M Invert? With no inversions? Err, who's done what to Walter and Claude!?

:)

They've finally realised how lucrative the family market is. After all, who could turn down a B&M family coaster in favour of the vile Pinfari contraptions?

Alastair said:
After all, who could turn down a B&M family coaster in favour of the vile Pinfari contraptions?
Parks that can't afford B&Ms? :p

BigAl said:
*clears throat*

Sooooo........

baby_Coaster_682_483442a.jpg

;)

It makes me want to eat Jelly Babies and Jelly Beans! Squuueeeee!

OMG a baby B&M invert, an ICKLE BABY NEMESIS!!!

TOWERS, GET ONE! Next year, that is your next family coaster, PLEEEEEASE.

Lets wait until we see how it turns out before we start begging Towers for one eh? ;)

It's certainly going to be an interesting one to watch, if we do see B&M branch into the family market, assuming this isn't a one off. However, I'm really not too sure what to think about this at the moment.

Rewind 5-6 years and I'd be all for it, as the world was seriously lacking high quality family coasters. Now though we have Intamin, who, whilst it is flawed in some ways, showed that they can produce a decent, innovative family thrill coaster with Th13teen (Lets not try and deny it's a rather pleasant ride experience), Vekoma who seem to have really upped their game, Gerstlauer with their coasters like Troublesome Trucks, Zierer who seem to be on the rise and distancing themselves from the old Tivoli days, and MACK with the YoungStar which is in my opinion pretty close to perfect.

I sort of worry how much B&M will be able to truly set themselves apart from the crowd now, as smoothness, innovation, and interesting concepts (Three of the things B&M are notable for in their thrill rides) seem to be fairly well covered these days.

Mack do a powered invert - forum collectively coastergasms.

B&M create family invert after creating one of the best inverts ever created. Forums is a bit meh?

WHY SO?

Seriously. BABY NEMESIS.

BA-BY NEM-E-SIS

TheMan said:

B&M create family invert after creating one of the best inverts ever created. Forums is a bit meh?

WHY SO?

Seriously. BABY NEMESIS.

BA-BY NEM-E-SIS

Are you drunk- serious question?

Nick said:
TheMan said:

WHY SO?

Seriously. BABY NEMESIS.

BA-BY NEM-E-SIS

Are you drunk- serious question?

NO! ;D

Baby Nemesis.

BigAl said:
Alastair said:
After all, who could turn down a B&M family coaster in favour of the vile Pinfari contraptions?
Parks that can't afford B&Ms? :p

Who says they'll be expensive? In any case, I'm sure a park would rather spend a little more on a true quality coaster than have these repulsive things:

hhb201aho55k0001haqame.jpg

They're not just a little more though. You can pick Pinfari / Interpark coasters up for a couple hundred thousand, compared to the few million in comparison to Vekoma, Mack and Gerstlauer kids coasters (I'd expect B&M to be aiming to compete with these and Intamin, so I'd expect them to have a similar price).

Pinfari's take up little space, can be thrown up in a relatively short amount of time, fit in one or two trucks for transportation and can also be taken on the road with travelling fairs, something the major manufacturers don't do.

As is being discussed on TPR, it's nice to see that Oz'Iris is being cloned so soon.

:D

RCDB states that this will have a "single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders." So it's certainly going to have a very different look to the standard B&M Inverts.

I still think this is really strange, you just don't accosiate B&M with family. I am looking forward to seeing it though.

:)

AstroDan said:
As is being discussed on TPR, it's nice to see that Oz'Iris is being cloned so soon.

The same TPR who stated that Oz'Iris wasn't particularly well themed correct?

Benzin said:
AstroDan said:

The same TPR who stated that Oz'Iris wasn't particularly well themed correct?

*woooooooosh*

It was sarcasm, both TPR and Dan humorously implying that Oz'Iris is tame enough to be a family ride.

The throughput of this will be appalling!

Aside from my opinion being that Oz'Iris isn't really that tame, my point was more I find it hard to agree with anything said on a forum that would state said ride unthemed...

Then again, TPR...