• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bad Grandpa [Spoilers]

Jables

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Stormforce 10
So the new film from the "geniuses" from the Jackass team have made a new film. Bad Grandpa.

The way the film works is quite clever, it has a fixed storyline but most scenes are acted in public to get the responses. It is a genuinely funny film with a heart warming ending and guaranteed laughs throughout.

The highlight for me has to be the farting contest in the diner, with one fart too many leading into shall we say.. More than just a fart.

The characters weren't always convincing. For instance Johnny Knoxville in certain scenes is meant to look sad, but it just isn't very convincing. Probably because Knoxville isn't used to acting too serious as his films aren't really famous for emotional scenes.

Billy (his grandson) is played very well saying that he's a child. I'm not sure I can ever see him in any other genre apart from comedy.

All in all a very good film, with the sort of hilarity you expect from Jackass and some scenes that surprised me that they were allowed on screen.

I'd give it 4/5 stars.

I was in two minds in whether to see this or not as I love Jackass. I do prefer the earlier, more raw work than the newer material though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2