• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bagatelle: radical new cars for their Reverchon

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by Martyn B on CF.

We all know what Reverchon spinners look like, we've each been on them a dozen times before. Here's Bagatelle's current Reverchon 'Ragondingue' spinner, looking exactly the same as all the rest:

2c3jelrjfla8sm0gqlg005.jpg

But it seems like they're testing radical new swinging cars on it.

7XSH4.jpg

Image by ukrides.info

Apparently they swing out from side-to-side, back-to-back, AND spin! :D

No idea who the manufacturer is, or when/if these will open.

WOW! That looks insane! Who knew that you could make something so lame and mediocre as that look decent? :p

That does look pretty damn cool... Is that the one that used to be at Pleasurewood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mrbrightside said:
That does look pretty damn cool... Is that the one that used to be at Pleasurewood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Yes, and those cars wern't too bad at PWH

I don't see how these are any more fun than the normal cars? They look boring.

Also, is Bagatelle's slogan really 'Bag' To The Fun'?

I think these would be good for a Wild Mouse as they hit the turns at some speed and the cars would swing out quite a lot. Do these swinging cars spin as well? That could make for quite an interesting experience! :p

Though it is a gimmick, I think it may pay off for them (especially if they sort that back row of seats out from sticking :p ) and make the ride more popular than other standard examples.

Well they're an eyesore if you ask me. I don't see how they can be made to fit in with any Rev spinner. They look an awful lot like the trains KumBaK make for Vekoma Corkscrews (Python at Efteling had some for a brief period). They look like something Hanibal Lector would be restrained in :p

Like Sam though, I can't imagine they really add that much to the ride. They look a bit pointless really, and the movement is very sharp and jerky. Could be a bit painful on the waist I imagine. Way to dumb down the ride though. It looks like a kiddy coaster now. The whole ride was designed to make the vehicles spin, so to do away with them seems daft if you ask me.

Now if you could invert the track and add swinging vehicles... :p

It's interesting how the seats seem to tilt with the movement of the wheelsets in relation to the car chassis, rather than just swinging. I wonder whether it counteracts much of the lateral force you get on a wild mouse or spinning mouse? If so it might be a bit less unpleasant than the average mouse's hairpin bends. The trouble is though that hairpins are usually considered to be the most boring part of a wild mouse, and Reverchons are full of the damn things to get the normal cars spinning. This comes across as a bit "we can't stretch to a Gerstlauer bobsled to replace this turd" to me.

I'd welcome spinning cars with the same seating though. I don't know whether the layout requires cars with all the weight offset to give a good spin, but Reverchon cars are cosy at best and plain uncomfortable at worst.

Cheese said:
If so it might be a bit less unpleasant than the average mouse's hairpin bends. The trouble is though that hairpins are usually considered to be the most boring part of a wild mouse, and Reverchons are full of the damn things to get the normal cars spinning.

What?! Hairpins are the whole point of a wild mouse. They are the ride's defining feature. I personally don't find them boring or uncomfortable and they provide the sensation of seemingly teetering off the side of the track as the car tears round the corner.

I think these cars are trying to build on that sensation by having the seats swing out over the side a little bit. However as you say, it looks like it will just kill the lovely laterals which I personally don't see as a good thing.

I don't really see how this will be an improvement over a standard Reverchon spinner which despite being a bit crudely engineered and having brakes that simulate hitting a brick wall isn't too bad a coaster. A lot of that is to do with the spinning section which this car can't do.

On a spinning car, hairpins work. But on a normal mouse, I see them as a waste of track and hight. Wouldn't be so bad if they were at the end of the ride rather than the start.