• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

BBC Television centre to become a 'themed village'

Haha, was just building an RCT park that used BBC IPs. Interesting idea. It'd certainly be a good attraction if it went ahead. I look forwards to seeing how this develops.

Well, this is a better outcome than I had expected for the site.

The fact that the BBC will continue to use at least part of the building as studios, whilst increasing access to the public, is better than the whole building being demolished.

I think it's pretty exciting stuff! Glad the building is staying in their hands. And as the Beeb has some of the biggest IPs in television history, there's no doubt they will be put to full use!

Some of the ideas I had in my RCT park included; Doctor Who + spin-off show based attractions, Top Gear (immensely popular show, worldwide) attractions, Merlin (since ended so probably unlikely) and a couple of other kid's shows and stuff... They definetely have enough programmes to make a go of a 'theme village'... :)

As nice as this is, it would be far better if the BBC weren't to... Y'know, move out of London and keep the entire complex as it is? Or at least rent to separate TV studios or film studios?

Rowe said:
As nice as this is, it would be far better if the BBC weren't to... Y'know, move out of London and keep the entire complex as it is? Or at least rent to separate TV studios or film studios?
This tbh.

It's sad to think that such an iconic building will no longer be used for its original purpose (for the most part). Whilst its good to see a decent legacy is planned, I just find it sad that it will never be the BBCs home again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

There are far worse things they could do with the building, and it's nice that it'll still be in use... But yeah, the ideal would be that it just kept doing what it does best :(

I think it will do well as a themed village if they do it well, it is though as many say, a great shame these iconic centres are not used. Hey at least they kept it though, whilst not on the same scale BBC Pebble Mill was as iconic to the Midlands as TV Centre was to London.

_57868771_pebble.jpg

That picture belies it size really, and the history you could sense when walking around the building.

They moved it here now:

_48348369_000780008.jpg

It's above a shopping centre, the building was turned from our main Royal Mail building (another Iconic landmark) to house shops, and they essentially stuck the BBC on top. So, be grateful they are keeping TVC, Pebble Mill was completely knocked down.