• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bear's Nolimits Coasters + stuff

Bear

TS Member
Here's something I'm working on, it's an improved version (meaning more airtime, one more inversion, and just generally better) of the classic Vekoma Corkscrew w/Bayerncurve. I'm around half way through the with the supports, and I intend to build a station too.

Corkscrew1_zps73ef203d.png

Update!

5f81301b1ca5491e8d5fdc9.png

Supports are now 90% done, still to do:

- Station
- Catwalks
- Base blocks for double-corkscrew supports

With my Corkscrew ride on hold for the time being (spent the last 3 days SOLID on it), I wanted to make another fairground coaster that packed in as much intensity as possible into a small footprint. And here it is!

pPdrJPS.png

Curse my tendency to float between projects.

I'm currently doing a Coney Island Cyclone clone, with custom support. This currently represents 7 hours work on the supports alone:

1874cf9fa7de463e8d0e57e.png

This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life, including childbirth.

d6db6c5df8fb4a718d95798.png

This really is a great updated Cyclone! Thinner, faster and more airtime thanks to the way you've brought down the overbank turns and improved the hills. But those supports are amazing! You're insane for attempting this! xD

Yes it is, and thanks! Considering adding a new station building and some other bits, I've got BigAl working on the arty-farty parts.

Decided the cladding didn't look as good as I thought it would, and got rid. The ride ended up being an EGF-inspired multilooper!

8ha8tf5.png

Bear said:
Decided the cladding didn't look as good as I thought it would, and got rid. The ride ended up being an EGF-inspired multilooper!

8ha8tf5.png

That's an interesting looking element after the loop. I might be seeing it wrong but it looks like it starts as an overbank and then switches into a sort of corkscrew dive. I've never seen anything quite like it and new elements are always exciting. It looks like it could have a pop of airtime too.