• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best ever theme park map?

RicketyCricket

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Taron
Inspired by the absolute beaut posted in the Port Aventura thread...

50464656_2058724440883994_3693613536019218432_o.jpg

My personal all time favourite would have to Thorpe Park 1997. Just look at Loggers Leap...

5132097947_2999c36dba_b.jpg

Great post :) That 97 map is simply fantastic.
My favorite map is the 2002 Drayton Manor map. It teases Project Neptune, it has fantastically drawn out diagrams with meticulous detail, great logos, and showcases the park when Wristbands were still in use. Maelstrom (which was new that year) and Apocalypse both look superb also. Unlike a lot of maps, which have large images with different scales and sizes, this is a map which displays the layout of the park from a top down view, which I like also. You can see everything. I have a copy of the 2003 map lying around somewhere which I can't remember visually that well, which could possibly overtake this one, as I was always obsessed with Excalibur :p Will have to try and find that one.
48371340_2470389526320940_4255966888418344960_o.jpg

Last edited:
Oh the memories there Sauron.
That red tent top right...that was me that was.
Small group of care kids in two tents, visiting an ex resident at boarding school. Drayton and Alton, zero problems, stunning ride selection, wandering the rides in the middle of the night with the security guard, and special permission from the big gaffer himself by letter to camp because we were an all male group...not actually allowed.
The security guard had jet black hair, and greeted us with a huge smile when we turned up year after year.
Fantastic memories.
The very best days of my working life.
...and a bloody good map.

Yep, that's a great map @Sauron97

Loving the stoned Panther in the top left.
Hahahaha. I like that. Whatever it is he's taking, he wants us to know it's wild as well

Oh the memories there Sauron.
That red tent top right...that was me that was.
Small group of care kids in two tents, visiting an ex resident at boarding school. Drayton and Alton, zero problems, stunning ride selection, wandering the rides in the middle of the night with the security guard, and special permission from the big gaffer himself by letter to camp because we were an all male group...not actually allowed.
The security guard had jet black hair, and greeted us with a huge smile when we turned up year after year.
Fantastic memories.
The very best days of my working life.
...and a bloody good map.
Wow. Sounds like you had a bloody good time with all of them, never stayed at the campsite myself as I live about 10 minutes away, but that sounds awesome. Did you go around the bottom of Shockwave at night? That would of been terrifying for me :tearsofjoy:
That's exactly why I thought it was such a good map. There's so much on there, it just floods you with nostalgia.

Any mid-90s Towers map for me. Vivid, detailed and most importantly, brings back waves of nostalgia.

Equally BPB maps around the same time had a similar feel, with Big One almost jumping off the page.

We did the whole park and parking grounds in the night...the only place out of bounds was the zoo.
Hide and seek in a theme park at 4am with the daylight slowly breaking was very special though.
Kids, when spotted by me or Mr Security, were shot on the spot, and had to remain dead until all had been found.
One fell asleep, so being good guardians...we just left him!

Just had a thought occur to me about the Alton Towers map of the past few years. One thing I really dislike is the accuracy of it, it’s actually really difficult to gauge things like the distances between rides and it always seems to cause disagreements about where to go next and exactly how to get there in the quickest way because the map is so ambiguous.

I used to have a massive map from both Six Flags Magic Mountain and Discovery Kingdom which was purely intended for artistic licence rather than being a useful tool...

They were both pretty fab, no idea where they are these days mind...