• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best greyouts in for a europe trip?

ArtyGrey

TS Member
My fave thing on coasters is getting greyouts, any tips for which coasters in europe are best for that? For context I've recently gotten them on Silver Star, nemesis and swarm (only sitting on one side before I'd eaten much in the morning haha).

I've been to europapark, phantasialand, parc asterix and am about to do eftieling and walibi holland next week. Poland/energylandia is unfortunately out for me as a LGBT person, so I'm trying to get inspiration for the next trip!

Lech Coaster is the only one that springs to mind tbh but that's out of the question.

Have heard Fenix at Toverland is pretty forceful.

Reactions: D4n
Fenix at toverland made my partner and I grey out. It's definitely got the forces you are looking for albeit only on one helix.

Ride to happiness is not grey out but overall very intense throughout to the point I had to stop at four rides. I really wanted to go again but I would have been sick which is unusual for me.

As mentioned above, Lech coaster is definitely grey out material. I visited Poland as a gay person with my brother. My partner wouldn't come in protest to the government stance on LGBT but I feel like we could have enjoyed the place together without discrimination. Neither of us are wear our sexuality as a badge so for others it might be different but I understand if it's down to principles.

Lech is the only one to do it consistently for me.

Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends as well but I think that may have had more to do with the extreme heat.

Toverland is back on the list! It felt visually similar to eftieling so didn't want to do it in the same trip as this one, maybe enroute to movie park 🤔

I do love a spinning coaster and looking forward to ride to happiness one day, honestly my fave ride in the UK right now is dragon's fury at Chessington of all places. Two people on the back of the cart and you just don't stop spinning to the very end 😵‍💫

(Re the Poland thing, if I was going with a male partner I'd just avoid public affection, but I'm a stealth trans guy so unfortunately it's not something I can stop doing. Got spooked a bit by an article saying the police there are fond of strip searches, just don't want that stress while I'm trying to have a nice vacation. )

Following this up- decided to plan a holiday where we get the ferry hull-rotterdam and stay at the centreparcs near toverland with day trips out to moviepark and phantasialand Germany.

For people who have driven to either of those how does the German low emissions thing work? I've been scouring maps of the lez and it seems some motorways are exempt but I can't find details of which. Is it just worth getting the green sticker just in case?

For a 'grey out' you typically need a high positive G-force... so think a tight loop. Seriously, from a scientific point-of-view Revolution at BPB is going to be one of your best bets.

Most people, however tend not to suffer from anything other than the very onset of grey-out's (barely noticeable) if they are properly hydrated.

On a seperate [but related] note. Why is there this relatively recent obsession with 'grey-outs'? I know Taylor from Coaster Studios frequently and randomly talks about 'greying out' because of g-forces... and often on rides where the science doesn't support this actually happening (lateral and negative g's).

I do like revolution at BPB!

I feel like it's the other way around- everyone else seems obsessed with air time and I think it's alright but not particularly interesting sensation. Maybe you're seeing it more often as it's just that people know how to describe it more? I definitely know more specific words because of the increase in rollercoaster YouTubers.

I’d second lech coaster but as you state you are uncomfortable as an LGBT person. I myself am gay and found Poland to be and interesting mixed bag. When I was in krakow and Katowice I found it an open and welcoming country but as we headed into more remote areas for some non tourist experiences, it did become a little more uncomfortable in places. But back on topic you could try Spain! Portaventura has some pretty intense coasters in Baco, Shambhala and Dragon Khan, then you also have madrid… someone has already mentioned stunt fall.

On a seperate [but related] note. Why is there this relatively recent obsession with 'grey-outs'? I know Taylor from Coaster Studios frequently and randomly talks about 'greying out' because of g-forces... and often on rides where the science doesn't support this actually happening (lateral and negative g's).
YouTube influencers are influencing.

Madrid would be a very nice destination for this matter. You'll get Tarantula, Abismo, Tornado, Superman, Batman GCE, Stunt Fall and Arkham. All pretty intense rides. Then if you want more you can even get a train to Catalonia and get Dragon Khan, Stampida, Shambhala, Furius Baco and Red Force. The last three are in the Top 4 fastest coasters in Europe. In terms of greyout/intensity Stunt Fall is the king. Red Force is even more intense but it's too short to get a greyout.

Can't think of a better combo than this.

Last edited:
Madrid would be a very nice destination for this matter. You'll get Tarantula, Abismo, Tornado, Superman, Batman GCE, Stunt Fall and Arkham. All pretty intense rides. Then if you want more you can even get a train to Catalonia and get Dragon Khan, Stampida, Shambhala, Furius Baco and Red Force. The last three are in the Top 4 fastest coasters in Europe. In terms of greyout/intensity Stunt Fall is the king. Red Force is even more intense but it's too short to get a greyout.

Can't think of a better combo than this.
I haven't looked at Parque de Atracciones de Madrid before, thanks for the recommendation!

What's your favourite time of year to visit Spanish theme parks? I've not really considered them as I get exhausted whenever heat hits over 25oC