• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet BEYOND THE WALL: Finland 2016/2017

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
BEYOND THE WALL: FINLAND 2016/2017

Following Powerpark's decision to add a launched Gerstlauer coaster to their line up (opening later in 2015) - given the assumption that this park is the most inaccessible half-major park in Europe, I felt like looking into it.

And do you know what? It is nowhere near as 'impossible' as you might imagine. Not to mention - Finland actually has 3 parks - all of which are worth visiting. In fact, it's got more 'worth visiting' parks than Sweden.

The parks:

POWERPARK - The world's most northerly theme park?

Junker (Gerstlauer Launch)
Joyride (LT&T Compact)
Cobra (Vekoma Boomerang)
Mine Train (Zamperla Mini Mine Train)
Neo's Twister (Fabbri Twister)
Thunderbird (GCI Wooden coaster)

LINNANMAKI
Kirnu (Intamin ZacSpin)
Linnunrata (Zierer Force, Indoor)
Pikajuna (Mack Powered)
Salama (Maurer spinner SC3000)
Tulireki (Mack E-Motion)
Ukko (Maurer Skyloop)
Vonkaputous (Premier Liquid Coaster)
Vuoristorata (Side friction wooden coaster)

SARKANNIEMI

Half Pipe (Intamin Half Pipe)
Motogee (Zamperla Moto Coaster)
Tornado (Intamin SLC)
Trombi (Zamperla Volare)
Vauhtimato (Zamperla Tivoli Small)

I think this trip would have the potential to be a unique one - over perhaps 5-6 days - with 1 day in each of the parks, plus sightseeing time in Helsinki and the chance to travel on one of Europe's most remote rail systems.

Train travel appears could value - with the 5 hour journey from Helsinki to the station nearest Powerpark costing only around €40 (£30), with a 16 mile taxi drive to connect to the park.

We could fly to Helsinki or Tampere, and perhaps spend a day at Linnanmaki at the start and end of the trip - along with sightseeing opportunity.

If you would be interested in keeping abreast of this trip, please post in this topic. Possible visit dates would be May 2016 although it would depend on the season and operating schedule of the parks, as they do not open daily.

:)

Last edited:
Oooh sounds like a good and unique trip, especially as Powerpark's Gerst looks very good. Definitely something I would be interested in.

:)

Sounds... interesting! Very intriguing trip, although I won't be doing it. 2016/17 is too early for me. Maybe a year or 2 after though. :)

I'm very much interested in this one! Linnanmaki in particular looks like a pretty good park, and there seem to be quite a lot of interesting and unusual rides between the 3 parks.

I've never really thought about Finland as a theme park destination before, but I'm certainly intrigued by this!

I really want to do this now having looked into it a bit more. I could try and persuade my dad to come along and have it as an annual holiday, but he's not a geek and hates the idea of being stuck with people talking about theme parks all day. :/

Providing my major project and such uni work is out of the way, I'll keep my interest sat on this.

Well it's no Nickelodeon Streak is it?

Not quite tempting me, there.

I would absolutely love to go to Finland, so I'm definitely interested!
heh, 2016 is potentially starting to look quite a crowded year for me now....

It does say 2016 or 2017. I'm going to see the general plans for next year then decide on this.

I'd like to see one of the other two parks add something aswell.

I'm more likely to do this if it's 2017. I'll wait for more details and for this to be confirmed before making any plans though!