• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Birthdays at Alton Towers

ImUrNemeis

TS Member
Has anyone been to Alton Towers as a Birthday treet? It is my 21st in April next year and was wondering what peoples experiances were like and do AT accommodate and cater parties and events at in the park or in the resort? As I really would like to spend it at AT with family and friends.

If you have the money they will cater for anything, but generally, no. Your just another guest there on their birthday.

Buy a cake and they will bring it out in the restaurant and sing happy birthday to you. Buy some balloons and they will put them in the room for you. Spend loads of money and you could hire out the corporate rooms and a suite in the hotel.

I've had several birthdays at Alton Towers as a treat over the years. In fact I'm going there next week for my 21st birthday! :p

It has varied over the years although in the past I've been surprised with balloons and birthday cakes (at an additional cost obviously) in the hotel room, 'Happy Birthday' messages on the TV when it turns on, and the one year I had a birthday cake taken to our table in The Secret Garden Restaurant. All of these have been organised by family and friends in the past.

On the whole though like Gary says they don't do anything particular for adults. If you were under 12 you could have a children's birthday party (as they have packages for that). Although I don't think you can get away with that at the age of 20/21. ;)

I'd say it's just nice to be at Alton on your birthday anyway, even if you do your usual thing there - it's just nice to be somewhere you like going to and enjoying it with friends and/or family.

The only thing I will say is that a friend of mine booked standard room in ATH one winter, for their birthday, out of peak season. He mentioned at the desk when he checked in it was his birthday, and they upgrading him and his gf to the Arabian nights suite for free.

That was about 3 years ago, and upgrades are rare, however, if you ask nicely, maybe show your driving licence or proof of birthday, and the hotel is very quiet..... you may be surprised

Hi I stayed in the Peter Rabbit room in 1999 for my birthday and had balloons tied to the chair and a Baby Bear cake waiting on the side it was lovely. But i can't say how old i was but I loved it anyhow.