• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool - Peter Rabbit Merlin Midway Attraction (2022)

Bump!

Plans have officially been submitted for the new attraction.

This is the proposed layout of the building;

0_Peter-Rabbitplan.jpg

Source: https://www.lancs.live/whats-on/fam...ubmitted-1m-blackpool-attraction-22576088.amp

Last edited:
That's very small :tearsofjoy: I presumed it would be a Peter Rabbit version of Shrek's Adventure but it's not. I've seen a Peppa Pig version of this somewhere before (USA), I'm not sure if it was by Merlin or not but it's more just a themed play area (if you can call it that) with different zones that you wander between.

Obviously it's not aimed at myself but I can't say it looks amazing from the plan even for kids. It's only a layout mind so we'll have to see.

I'm struggling to decipher the nature of this attraction. The layout doesn't lend itself to a walkthrough ala Madame Tussauds or Sea Life, but nor does it feature the hub space of an LDC which can handle the guest numbers.

The areas are quite open, so I can't see it being actor led like the Dungeons either. The layout just doesn't seem like it will be able to accommodate more than 100 guests or so without feeling rammed.

I can see why Merlin originally gave up this space. As others have said it's hasn't really got the space to fit a midway attraction. Looks more like the type of place parents leave their kids at for 30 minutes while they go shopping. Could that be the market they are aiming for?

I can see why Merlin originally gave up this space. As others have said it's hasn't really got the space to fit a midway attraction. Looks more like the type of place parents leave their kids at for 30 minutes while they go shopping. Could that be the market they are aiming for?

This is a different unit to the Ghetto Golf that was under Sealife - this is a mostly vacant section of the Tussauds building (bar a few small vendors on the front).

PR-Location.png

A bit of info from the careers page gives more of an indicator of what to expect. The attraction is also apparently opening next month.

Rather strange to find out about the opening date via a connection manager on LinkedIn than through any actual marketing...

We’re excited to be launching our brand-new, world class, PETER RABBIT™ attraction, opening in February 2022 and we’re looking for a dynamic Performance Team Leader who will help manage the day to day running of the Entertainments department!

Peter Rabbit Explore and play is an imaginative and interactive children’s attraction aimed at 0-5years - imagine a world where you are rabbit sized exploring Peters world and playing and discovering all the things Peter and his friends do. Play crawl and slide in Mr McGregor’s life-sized garden, learn play, and cook In Peters burrow and get to meet Peter himself in a fabulous costume character show.

Do you have what it takes?

• Demonstrable experience of working in a high-pressured environment.
  • Flair for the theatrical.
  • Love of entertainment and experience in this industry.
  • Performance experience.
  • Excellent communication skills.
  • Able to 'think on your feet' and take ownership of issues that may occur.
In this full time, permanent role, contracted to a minimum of 20 hours per week, you’ll help ensure the efficient operational and artistic running of the department. Helping to support and enhance the unique visitor experience. You’ll do this through motivation and effective supervision of staff, ensuring delivery of excellent guest service.

What’s in it for you?

Alongside helping to spread happiness and cheer to all our mini guests, you’ll also receive:

• Fortnightly pay at £10.50 per hour
  • 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
  • 40% off LEGO online
  • Merlin Magic Pass - giving you free tickets to all our attractions worldwide for you, your family, and friends every year
  • Discounted rates at Merlin hotels all over the world
  • Hotel stay discounts
  • 02 discount
  • Employee pricing up to 55% off cinema tickets
Sounds pretty great, right?

PLEASE NOTE THE INDUCTION DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS 1ST FEBRUARY 2022. THEREFORE, IF SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED TO BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND IN TIME FOR OPENING.

This is a different unit to the Ghetto Golf that was under Sealife - this is a mostly vacant section of the Tussauds building (bar a few small vendors on the front).

PR-Location.png

They had signs up last summer advertising something was opening up in the Autumn, which obviously never happened.

Entry: Adults £7 with annual pass, £8.50 without.
Children: £10 with annual pass, £11.50 without.

No entry unless accompanied by a child.

Entry: Adults £7 with annual pass, £8.50 without.
Children: £10 with annual pass, £11.50 without.

No entry unless accompanied by a child.
I do find it strange that places where the primary audience are children even bother with adult prices.
Why not just make it £20 for one child and adult and then £11.50 for the second child. I guess it’s because £20 to entertain a child for 2 hours or so seems expensive.

This not being free to passholders is going down an absolute stink on the AP favebpok page. 50 comments, one possitive one. Ha.
I’m guessing the capacity will be rubbish judging by how small it looks. So if you let all the pass holders in for free then it wouldn’t make any money. No doubt it will be free in a few years for pass holders when no one is visiting any more.

I do think the pass price is a bit of a joke though, saving a pound or something off the ticket price.

In response to a question from an annual pass holder, Merlin have confirmed this attraction has a dwell time of 45 minutes.