• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool - Peter Rabbit Merlin Midway Attraction (2022)

In response to a question from an annual pass holder, Merlin have confirmed this attraction has a dwell time of 45 minutes.

Also that person complaining they have to pay for it when they've already spent £300, the Peter Rabbit attraction didn't exist when they bought the pass, so they are still receiving everything promised when they bought it.

Also that person complaining they have to pay for it when they've already spent £300, the Peter Rabbit attraction didn't exist when they bought the pass, so they are still receiving everything promised when they bought it.
That's a good point! :)

In related news, apparently Peter Rabbit is one of seven new 'brands' that are expected to open in Merlin's Blackpool portfolio this year.

I went past this at the weekend, and it’s not great from the outside. It’s got a giant banner above it, the same as the ones that Tusards have, then all the windows are just covered with vinyls. But that’s it. It’s quite easy to just walk past and not see it. Worse of all the paint around the entrance looks awful and certainly not new. It’s just a horrible brown colour with roller streaks and stuff where it looks rushed or not even finished yet.

A number of those reviews seem to be as much to do with the fact that it has gone wide of expectation, rather than it's fundamentally flawed. If people are thinking (or allowed to think) that it's a full day experience, I can see why that would disappoint.

Most of the Midway portfolio works on the basis that it is part of a cluster, that's certainly the approach in Blackpool, for some attractions more than others. A trip up the Tower doesn't work on its own, it tends to be supplemented.

If they get a few Marks through the door, happy days. If they get a few more Carols on their website, God help them.

phg0xcv.png

Disguising the fact that the "show" is actually the exit is pretty underhand but even without that it seems there's a bit of a disconnect between expectation and reality at the moment.

I guess as well it’s just priced on its own, I didn’t see any mention of multi tickets with the other merlin bits. But then kids doing this might be a bit too young to also be wondering around Tussaud’s and definitely too young for the dungeons.

The other Merlin multi tickets are on the Peter Rabbit website, usual link ups with the Tower and Sealife, more discounts the more you buy.

The work has started on sealife building. For those who don’t know it’s the same size as sealife it self but picture it totally empty. It’s also got very high roof about 9-10 meters so could house something high ish. The front and back has now been painting and totally blocked off (I’ll grab pics as live in bpool). Locals have no idea what’s going in it. But it is larger than you think. It would house a LDC perfectly. I doubt it with be a little big city since we are getting one very similar in town very soon but no Merlin brand (going under b&m). I doubt golf as it’s had two golf things in and we have on the prom opening next month a Harry Potter golf attraction.

Rumours before was that Gruffalo was going where Peter Rabbit is, but it’s too small and the owners of the IP wernt happy, so got cancelled. So would make sense for it to go under sealife as it’s much bigger.

Plus merlin can copy and paste all the theming they’re made for chessie.

The theming was already made for the Gruffalo attraction when it was considered for the Peter Rabbit site.