• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Surely they have some money? As they’re still refurbishing Valhalla, which can’t be cheap, and even after Icon, they invested loads into the Boulevard Hotel.

Valhalla was closed to save money. I doubt it would take 2 years (probably longer as it will not likely open in Feb 2022). They only really lost 3 months due to the covid lock down so unless they are making some amazing major changes then its extended closure is more due to lack of funds. We will just have to wait and see what it's like.

I am no expert on business loans but I suspect they need to provide evidence that a loan will be paid back and I think the Big Blue has always been profitable, so it wouldn't have been too difficult to get a loan for the Boulevard.

They probably convinced the banks that Icon was going to bring in the crowds.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

The other issue with a modern woodie is it would starkly highlight the state and quality of their other woodies. I love the heritage, I'm all for a rough woodie, but I think it could really run the risk of devaluing the entirety of their other wooden offering.

The other issue with a modern woodie is it would starkly highlight the state and quality of their other woodies. I love the heritage, I'm all for a rough woodie, but I think it could really run the risk of devaluing the entirety of their other wooden offering.
That's a very good point actually.

I'd say if the parks missing anything it's a modern family coaster. Maybe a modern powered mine train. Perfect for the park as it would mean no need for a lift hill and just requires the footprint for the station/maintenance building.

I'd say if the parks missing anything it's a modern family coaster. Maybe a modern powered mine train. Perfect for the park as it would mean no need for a lift hill and just requires the footprint for the station/maintenance building.
They have a modern family coaster. Icon!

I really hope they don't invest in a powered coaster. Just a waste of money when they already have a very good line up of family rides.

They have a modern family coaster. Icon!

I really hope they don't invest in a powered coaster. Just a waste of money when they already have a very good line up of family rides.

I'd say Icon is more family thrill what with the inversion(s) which can be off-putting to some people. It's just that the main coaster in the kids area (Nick Streak) isn't really any different to the Big Dipper (in fact it's arguably the better coaster).

Maybe a powered coaster isn't the best idea but there's plenty of other options they could go for.

They also have avalanche which has a 1.12m height restriction and I would say that is very much a family coaster, plus lots of other non coaster family rides.

Whatever the next coaster is, I think we will be speculating about it for a few years to come.

I concur with this. I know it’s comparing apples and oranges but even a ride as smooth as Icon being on the park I bet has some of the uninitiated GP moaning about the roughness of the woodies more than they would have done before. I mean imagine the contrast of someone new to the park hitting Icon first then going on Nash!

They also have avalanche which has a 1.12m height restriction and I would say that is very much a family coaster, plus lots of other non coaster family rides.

Whatever the next coaster is, I think we will be speculating about it for a few years to come.

You can say that again.

I will probably be close to retirement if it's as long as the wait for the last major coaster (not including the relocation of Traumatizer) and I'm only 35.

Interestingly, it would appear that the park might be on the verge of unveiling some info about the Valhalla refurbishment; they just put this cryptic video on Facebook:

Intriguing stuff…
EDIT: For some reason, it won’t embed; sorry about that!

Hello,

we are going to blackpool this weekend and planning a trip to please beach on Saturday. The weather doesnt look too great, what is likely to be open if anything?

thanks

Hello,

we are going to blackpool this weekend and planning a trip to please beach on Saturday. The weather doesnt look too great, what is likely to be open if anything?

thanks
Welcome to Towers Street
In general the only ride you need to worry about is the Big One which will close in high winds. Other tall rides like Ice Blast may close in particularly bad weather but in general most rides stay open.

Just got email, BPB hosting some sort of Bingo event ‘Bongo’s Bingo’ on 3 dates across May / June. Something different I guess. Check out the prizes!

https://www.bongosbingo.co.uk/

Bongo’s Bingo is thedefinitive bingo experience.

It’s a crazy mix of traditional bingo, dance-offs, rave intervals, audience participation and countless magical moments, currently taking place in almost 50 locations around the world.

Bongo’s Bingo is a wild shared social extravaganza and a night of pure nostalgic escapism, with the chance to win iconic prizes from giant pink unicorns and Henry Hoovers to mobility scooters and karaoke machines at each and every show.

It’s immersive, inclusive and incredible. Everyone from 18 to 92 plays and parties together. There are no barriers and no limits.

Quite simply, there’s nothing else like it.

It originated in Liverpool and prepandemic it would constantly sell out when put on sale. Even had the fun of the venue it originally started at going to court against the guy whose idea it was (not sure how you could claim to invent bingo) over ownership of the Bongos Bingo name.

But yeah from my understanding the 'prizes' are very much a secondary concern with drinking, dancing, and special guests being the big draws.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.