• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If Arrow say the drop is 205 foot its physically impossible for the ride to be smaller, its not like Phantoms Revenge or Orion.

The ride was officially recognised as the world's tallest coaster upon opening, I'd imagine if BPB (and Arrow) had made this up the owners of coasters that opened around the same time that were just smaller would've made a claim for the outright record.

However, one particularly interesting piece of info I found in there was that as well as the stats I posted above, Arrow claims the ride's lift height to be 201ft as opposed to the often quoted (as an alternative to Blackpool's 235ft claim) 213ft, with the drop being 205ft as previously stated.

Is that just the lift hill height as in regards to the base been the exit of the Pepsi Max tunnel. From memory (please correct) the ground slopes down under the lift hill so that's where the 12ft might come from when measured at the highest point.

What are they up to.

Live from south beach

excavator-loading-a-dumper-truck-on-a-beach-M96Y5J.jpg

That twitter photo is taken from near the bowlerdrome car park. A spot that has long been speculated as the site for a potential coaster.

The excitement is building !!!

Well its closed season, may as well dream big #XL :)

Is the Bowladrome car park always open? I can't remember the last time I went down Watson Road.

Would be interesting to see rides come back to that area after they decided that they could make more money with a car park, even under PPR. It would broadly make sense if they could combine that area with the arcade, Trauma Towers and the hallowed ground.

The biggest surprise for me would be the timing if something opened in the next four years or so, I am not expecting anything of note at the park for a good while, but would love to be wrong on that.

Given that Icon has underwhelmed, I don't know where the park could find the funds for a record-breaker. On the other hand, were I going to the bank (or the council) for a loan, an effort to preserve the claim that had kept the park on the map and in the public consciousness for so long, would be a strong pitch.

Well, some clever clogs has created a Blackpool Pleasure Beach 2022 thread, so maybe some of the above posts need adding to that and this thread locking.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.