• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Surely with the work being done to dipper over the closed season means once they’ve finished with that national will be next would it be too unwise to ask the fans what they think are the most painful parts of the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't need to ask anyone where the most painful parts are; it's glaringly obvious especially when sat on the wheel rows. The bottom of every drop is painfully brutal.

Really don’t understand the painful comments. Everyone has their own individual experiences of course but I have never been anywhere near pain on any blackpool woodie, it’s really bizarre to me to read such things.

Really don’t understand the painful comments. Everyone has their own individual experiences of course but I have never been anywhere near pain on any blackpool woodie, it’s really bizarre to me to read such things.
When did you last visit ? I can assure you the bruising on my thighs and arms attests to the roughness of the woodies as recently as this week !

Depends on wheel seats, speed of the train on the day, and how pinned you get.
Fast train, wheel seat, well pinned...hurts every time.

I find it bizarre that you haven’t experienced pain on any of the Blackpool woodies to be honest. I’ve had some fantastic smooth rides on the woodies, mainly when not sat on wheel seats but when over the wheels, the rides are painful. They go past the point of being rough and still enjoyable.

Popped on park today, the National was horrible, it's pot holing all over the place. I hate it when enthusiasts bitch and moan about restraints but the way those things pin you and further pin you throughout the ride is pretty insufferable. I'd be interested to see how it would ride with the pre-2004 fire trains.

Looks like they are planning on opening The Hub this weekend, if you wish to drink on hallowed ground.

When did you last visit ? I can assure you the bruising on my thighs and arms attests to the roughness of the woodies as recently as this week !
I’ve been twice this week. I’m no expert but I would imagine body characteristics play a role, but maybe a much greater role than I had imagined.

Had a great day at late night riding yesterday. Proper good day, 14 rides without really trying and two sit down meals during the day. Coasters restaurant was excellent. Icon is still by far and away my favourite coaster in the UK, absolutely spectacular at the end of the night on the back row, packs of airtime. Ice Blast is a bit rubbish though, but great views from the top of it.

It's at capacity today (Sunday). Noticed when I was booking for Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow.

Could be a busy one tomorrow too. Looking forward to my first visit of the season.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

2 hour Icon queue according to @shakey today. 1 hour from the gates. It seems Speedypass is being oversold and it’s killing the ‘peasant’ queue
Problem is speedy pass has been removed from rides that require the use of the exit for speedy pass access for social distancing reasons. So speedy pass is no longer available on rides like Avalanche, Revolution and Infusion. This means rides that can still operate speedy pass like Icon are being disproportionately impacted by it as speedy pass users are less spread out across the park’s rides than before.

Problem is speedy pass has been removed from rides that require the use of the exit for speedy pass access for social distancing reasons. So speedy pass is no longer available on rides like Avalanche, Revolution and Infusion. This means rides that can still operate speedy pass like Icon are being disproportionately impacted by it as speedy pass users are less spread out across the park’s rides than before.
I assume that also affects Entry via Exit (EvE) users?

Am I right in thinking BPB's equivalent to RAP is just free basic speedy pass?

Sounds like they could be having the same problem the Merlin parks are if so

In which case, the system needs to be clever enough to cap the rate of arrival for each ride. Some of the rides at BPB have such low capacity (looking at you Grand Prix) that it wouldn't take many people reserving to bring the queue to a total halt.

Literally been there and done that.
Six of us watching the Grand Prix queue at two hours using Speedypass (basic) when it was only at the bottom of the stairs, mainly watched from Crevettes!
We kids did the Dipper in the meantime, the adults watched from the bar.
We got our places on the Grand Prix exactly after two hours, and exactly in our "place" from the poor sods at the bottom of the stairs two hours earlier.
Ten yard queue over the bridge, two hours when speedypass is busy.
Not good.

There has to be some limit though, surely? They can't just let 100 people reserve Grand Prix right at the start of the day with an immediate return time as the ride can't process them in any sensible amount of time.

The system should, at the very least, be programmed with a nominal capacity for each ride and restrict the number of users to a reasonable proportion of that capacity, otherwise you potentially have more people trying to use speedy pass on a ride than it's total capacity.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.