• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It very busy Saturday and apart from masks worn by staff it felt like all restrictions had been scrapped - no social distancing, hardly any hand sanitiser, no enforcement of mask wearing. Was it like this last year when restrictions were relaxed? I felt AT were more on it when I visited last month

I was there on Monday and Icon was the only queue where social distancing felt really bad, as there was no markers on the ground. In most other cases they were there.
Many people did seem to be wearing masks but often removing during the ride. I did overhear some people being told to put it on before Icon despatched.

It very busy Saturday and apart from masks worn by staff it felt like all restrictions had been scrapped - no social distancing, hardly any hand sanitiser, no enforcement of mask wearing. Was it like this last year when restrictions were relaxed? I felt AT were more on it when I visited last month

On my last visit at Easter time, there was very little social distancing happening whatsoever, The Big One queue was particularly bunched up. I guess staff should be enforcing it up to and including Sunday, as it won't even be a thing anymore by Monday :cool: but I guess they can't be bothered ordering guests about anymore. I can't say I noticed how many sanitising stations were about as I use my own pocket one, but to be fair last year they had plenty all around the park and at every ride. It was horrible slimy stuff so I just use my own one now. The staff were insistent on mask wearing and wouldn't set rides off until everyone had them on. There is only so much staff can do though, as soon as a ride is out of the station, many either come off or get pulled under the nose or chin, only to be put back on properly as the ride is finishing.

I was there on Monday and Icon was the only queue where social distancing felt really bad, as there was no markers on the ground. In most other cases they were there.
Many people did seem to be wearing masks but often removing during the ride. I did overhear some people being told to put it on before Icon despatched.

The distancing markers on Icon are those black & red Icon themed dagger signs wrapped around the rails in the queue line. Many of which have come loose and just spin round. I only know this because the staff put out an announcement explaining that and asking everyone to take a step back. Hardly anybody did as requested. There isn't a lot more the staff can do, short of using electric cattle prods. Some of the buffoons who visit and don't consider the safety of other guests are fully deserving of this treatment.

The distancing markers on Icon are those black & red Icon themed dagger signs wrapped around the rails in the queue line.
Oh.
Who thought that was a good idea, when every other ride in the park used the same stand behind the yellow line stickers.
Many people were standing behind the markers, although not everyone. But on icon there was nothing to explain thatd what the themed signs were actually for.

Oh.
Who thought that was a good idea, when every other ride in the park used the same stand behind the yellow line stickers.
Many people were standing behind the markers, although not everyone. But on icon there was nothing to explain thatd what the themed signs were actually for.

Agreed, nothing explains that as you stand in the queue, which is rather silly. It was a random announcement something like "Hello ladies and gentlemen, I can see that there doesn't seem to be much social distancing going on in the queue line. For the safety of all guests, please can you all take a step back and stand by one of the dagger sign markers. Thank you." As I said, hardly anybody took notice anyway!

Coasters is pretty good for food in the park, had some fajitas and a pint of cider last Friday.

Last time I went in was not long after restaurants reopened last year, the menu was extremely limited. It was pretty much a choice of either a wrap or a baked potato. Is the normal menu back now? They had one member of staff making the wraps, and despite there only being one single customer in front of me, it took an eternity to get those wraps made. Will happily return if burritos, nachos, etc are back! Even if it is now a soulless place to eat since they removed all the framed photos of the park from across the ages.

Last time I went in was not long after restaurants reopened last year, the menu was extremely limited. It was pretty much a choice of either a wrap or a baked potato. Is the normal menu back now? They had one member of staff making the wraps, and despite there only being one single customer in front of me, it took an eternity to get those wraps made. Will happily return if burritos, nachos, etc are back! Even if it is now a soulless place to eat since they removed all the framed photos of the park from across the ages.

It’s all back to the original menu, but with chicken wings added as well! Still table service for the moment, but that restricted menu from last year has thankfully long gone.

The fish and chips next to Valhalla/Ice Blast was currently a pre-paid cash card issuing plaice.
High five!

Glad you had a good day. On the food options, they probably are similar. Coasters is pretty much equivalent to Woodcutters in terms of cost, but I'd probably argue Coasters is slightly better quality in terms of food and overall presentation.

Hi All I have a question? Going to Blackpool for our first ever visit in August. The question I have is where do people park? We are staying in the big blue hotel but there parking is only available between 12pm-12pm of your stay. Is there a 24 hour car park nearby? Thanks in advance.

Hi All I have a question? Going to Blackpool for our first ever visit in August. The question I have is where do people park? We are staying in the big blue hotel but there parking is only available between 12pm-12pm of your stay. Is there a 24 hour car park nearby? Thanks in advance.

Some of the side streets are a good shout for free parking. Station Road, Dean Street, Moor Street, Hill Street, Bright Street, all a short walk from the main entrance. Failing that, the streets on the other side of the train line at the Pleasure Beach station are also plausible.

If you want to pay, then there are the ones on the prom opposite the park next to the Sandcastle.

We went to the Big Blue hotel last Sunday night. Their car park was full so we found a spot on a side street opposite the hotel for free parking.
A friend who came up for the day parked in the south beach car park opposite the main entrance near the sandcastle waterpark, apparently that is £8.

The 12-12 parking at the hotel is one of the worst policies they have I think. The parking is very limited (they really should have made the hotel taller with parking underneath on the ground floor) at the hotel, so I understand why they limit it. But 6pm to 7pm or similar would be easier for entering the park.

Well what a cracking day out today. Fairly quiet day considering a lot of schools are now off and we had gorgeous sunny weather.

Managed to get all 10 coasters in plus 6 other rides. And that included 5 stops for food and drink through the day.

Longest queue was 30mins for Icon. Everything else ranged from walk on to 15mins.

Good company as always @Rick and @Dipper_Dave.

Shame @rob666 couldn't make it. Hopefully see you next time.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Back to pleasure beach again today (Friday 23rd July). Just me and my son today and another fairly quiet day considering the time of year. Maybe because it's late night riding tomorrow.

10min queue for big one at 3pm. Dipper 5mins. Icon 15mins. Rev 5mins. Airbender 10mins. Even ghost train was only about 15mins.

Longest queue we had was about 25mins for W&G, everything else was 15mins or less. Icon never really got out of the gates all day. Avalanche was a 15min queue in the morning and never got busier.

Infusion looked to have about a 30min queue but I had my head bashing appointment last week so didn't bother.

Everything open apart from the train which was broken.

15 rides by 4pm then headed for home.

I bought what I thought was a bargain picture from the kiss me quick shop for £10.75 with my season discount....

a67e211d25d91df8331c953599c7e188.jpg

Bargain that, didn't realise they were that cheap.
There was no price on them so I asked and when he keyed it in I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe he entered the wrong item but I wasn't hanging around to find out!

EDIT: Just checked and they are £50 on the website so they messed up in the shop. My lucky day :)

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.