• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's curious as my search on the socials has not turned up much in the way of feedback. I was hoping to get people's thoughts, what's changed, was it worth the wait? Nothing... although the few pics I've seen suggest people are still coming off soaking (just what you want when it's 8°c)

So what we have so far is......

1. It gets you far too wet.

2. It breaks down.

3. Some of the effects don't work.

Have they actually done anything in 3 and a half years

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
They never claimed it would be 100% functional so I'm not sure what the issue is here. Yes they have had 3 years but it's not as if they are promising something and not delivering. How can you get too wet on a water ride....

They never claimed it would be 100% functional so I'm not sure what the issue is here. Yes they have had 3 years but it's not as if they are promising something and not delivering. How can you get too wet on a water ride....

They've advertised this to death on social media haha. Probably made more of a deal about it than they did Icon.

Meanwhile The Curse had a 6 month refurb and opened on near top form (minor tweaks needed).

Sounds like almost the exact same ride which is pretty unbelievable after 4 years.

Sounds like almost the exact same ride which is pretty unbelievable after 4 years.
I know the time has dragged on but 2.5 years it's been closed. I've not heard any feedback yet in regards to what's in there or what's changed so can't judge. But I assume a lot of the work would have been to lower the running costs but keep the quality. I assume that would have been a ton of work as it wasn20 years old. It's not pay per ride anymore and was costing the park way too much money so an overhaul was required. I would love to know how much the running costs are now compared to what they were when all the effects were on or working.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.