• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This looks really good. The new design looks really smart and I especially like the look of the new 30s style gates.

AED77566-CE34-409E-8668-A9A8C588651A.png
It does look quite classy but it's grey once again like with Icon and Revolution...quite funny that if Merlin's favorite colour is black then surely PBB's one one is grey! :p

Obviously there’s nothing to stop people using that car park when they’re staying in the units provided it remains open, but there is explicitly no parking spaces provided with the application. That means they’re in no way restricted in getting rid of that car park if they wish to develop it.

I think they will probably make the car park exclusively for apartment guests.

I think they will probably make the car park exclusively for apartment guests.
Feels unlikely- that car park is rammed today. If they're charging for parking like they do at the hotels they can probably just take money from whoever is offering it. I don't think that they will feel obliged to guarantee parking for anyone.

Busy day on park today. Everything running well, although Ice Blast (and Dipper) are closed.

Dora has awoken from her siesta.

Feels unlikely- that car park is rammed today. If they're charging for parking like they do at the hotels they can probably just take money from whoever is offering it. I don't think that they will feel obliged to guarantee parking for anyone.

Busy day on park today. Everything running well, although Ice Blast (and Dipper) are closed.

Dora has awoken from her siesta.
Can non hotel guests park in the Big Blue and Boulevard car parks ?

Maybe they can, I don't know but if I am paying what is likely to be touted as premium self catering accommodation I would expect to have guaranteed parking so I could come and go as I please.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On the subject of parking, see section 2.5 of the travel plan:
Parking
The development of the holiday apartments would not involve the creation of any
additional off-street parking.

The Ocean Boulevard car park at the west end of Watson Road would be used by guests
of the apartments, requiring parking. The car has approximately 80 spaces and 5 disabled
spaces which provides sufficient capacity for guests to have a reserved and secured place.
The car park is owned by Blackpool Pleasure Beach/the developer and a preferential
parking charge would be set.
(RGP Consulting Engineers Limited, 2023)

Not really sure why they wanted to change the soundtrack. Especially to one that sounds like the other two the composer did.

I'm not sure how widely known this is, but Song of the Elders - the track that featured on Valhalla between 2003 - 2019 - did not originally come from Hot Ice. The Rhythmos version was written for Hot Ice, but the tune itself dates back far longer.

It actually takes its tune, note for note, from Tarakihi, a Maori folk song.

I am very glad that Valhalla has moved past using a copied 2.5 minute loop. Whilst I did like Song of the Elders in its day, it was a copy-and-paste job and the original source material has nothing to do with Vikings.

Valhalla now has an incredible original score composed specifically for the ride which I feel marks a huge improvement to the experience. I find it far more dramatic and varied than the previous soundtrack both in the queue-line and on the ride.

Link to hear Tarakihi: https://youtu.be/_leRke4oA5o
More info about the song: https://www.folksong.org.nz/tarakihi/

Yeah, there are speakers attached to the station that play out towards the queue-line. Would be nice to have some at the ride entrance too though IMO.
Apologies, I meant is any of the 30 odd minutes that has been produced being played in the actual ride ?

It's curious that (in my experience) the narrative ends after the (Hot) Ice room and there is barely any audio for the second half of the ride.

I’ve always felt the Skyrim soundtrack would’ve been a good fit for Valhalla. Come to think of it, obscurity/ age of the game aside, that would be an interesting IP for a ride

Apologies, I meant is any of the 30 odd minutes that has been produced being played in the actual ride ?

It's curious that (in my experience) the narrative ends after the (Hot) Ice room and there is barely any audio for the second half of the ride.
Ahh, I see what you mean. I think there is audio in the second half but it seems much quieter, mostly ambience. Would definitely benefit from being louder/using some of the more energetic stuff that is played in the station.

We've all got different tastes but I find the old soundtrack much more dramatic and fits much better with the viking theme.

The new one is just very wishy washy and not memorable at all. Theres not even any proper drums in it and it sounds very similar to icon and big ones themes, in fact you could probably put them all together and not even notice they are different pieces of music.

But maybe I am just getting old. And as my dad used to say to me in the 80s. "What are you listening to that rubbish for? It all sounds the bloody same!"

Anyone know what was up with the Big One today? Showing. 40 min que earlier and shortly after showing closed on the app all day. Surely wasn’t that windy up there today?

It was running at lunch time (with one train). I wasn't on park, was walking down the front so couldn't tell you anymore than that.

We've all got different tastes but I find the old soundtrack much more dramatic and fits much better with the viking theme.

The new one is just very wishy washy and not memorable at all. Theres not even any proper drums in it and it sounds very similar to icon and big ones themes, in fact you could probably put them all together and not even notice they are different pieces of music.

But maybe I am just getting old. And as my dad used to say to me in the 80s. "What are you listening to that rubbish for? It all sounds the bloody same!"

I'm not a fan of Icon or Valhalla's (new) music. You're right it all sounds the same

Big One's theme, on the other hand, has some pretty obvious inspiration

Anyone know what was up with the Big One today? Showing. 40 min que earlier and shortly after showing closed on the app all day. Surely wasn’t that windy up there today?
It was that windy up there, it was gusting strong all day, I was trying to cut hedges in it...and stop calling me Shirley.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.