• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So I spent a nice few hours hunting down "The Towers Thoosies" on the Beach this evening.
No buying strangers beer, or giving away dead rodent wheels.
Lovely visit though...short queues apart from Icon.
Nice beers with gorgeous staff, lots of drunken punter entertainment, one charming young lady cleared the whole of the bar in Crevettes.
Short queues for hot junk food, eye candy aplenty, no drifting on the dodgems, but a few good head ons.
I left, thoroughly replete, after half a dozen rides...though saddened that the Towers Thoosie Corporation spent the whole evening hiding behind my back, laughing at me quietly from a distance.
Didn't wait for the fireworks, too old and tired, so hobbled off with the sad old wanky ankle.
Couple of staff I know said it has been very quiet all season, even through sunny June.

Should have added...got my usual free parking ten spaces away from the entrance to the Beach,,,between the Velvet and Beach, at 4:30pm, so free for the day from then!
And it doesn't matter why the queues are shorter, they simply are!
Only queue for a coaster on the Beach this evening over 15 minutes was Icon...Who cares why the queues are shorter, as long as they are!
Half a dozen different coasters, junk food, and a couple of beers, in two and a half hours, with minimal queues, on a summer holiday weekend.
Zero complaints, apart from a missing clump of thoosies.

I think it may be time to call a close to the latest round of "Which is better? Alton Towers vs. Blackpool edition".

As ever, opinions are subjective, so there cannot be a right or wrong answer, you just have to experience each on their own merit and accept that other people might have different and equally well-founded opinions.

So I spent a nice few hours hunting down "The Towers Thoosies" on the Beach this evening.
No buying strangers beer, or giving away dead rodent wheels.
Lovely visit though...short queues apart from Icon.
Nice beers with gorgeous staff, lots of drunken punter entertainment, one charming young lady cleared the whole of the bar in Crevettes.
Short queues for hot junk food, eye candy aplenty, no drifting on the dodgems, but a few good head ons.
I left, thoroughly replete, after half a dozen rides...though saddened that the Towers Thoosie Corporation spent the whole evening hiding behind my back, laughing at me quietly from a distance.
Didn't wait for the fireworks, too old and tired, so hobbled off with the sad old wanky ankle.
Couple of staff I know said it has been very quiet all season, even through sunny June.
We did pop by cravettes a few times to try and catch you! Sadly the torrential rain got in the way of wanting to stay the whole day through to 10!

Valhalla was decent today, first time on in probably 6 or 7 years! A bit too light in there I think, but overall really enjoyed it. Lokis was great for food, had the whole chicken and Camembert in bread (shared with @Dave I’m not that much of a pig!).

First time riding PMBO today since Taziker started retracking it.

It's poor. The new track is no improvement, if not worse than the old track. How are they this crap? My 5 laps of Nash, 4 on the back row, were brutal but fun. PMBO is brutal but boring for 99% of the ride.

First time riding PMBO today since Taziker started retracking it.

It's poor. The new track is no improvement, if not worse than the old track. How are they this crap? My 5 laps of Nash, 4 on the back row, were brutal but fun. PMBO is brutal but boring for 99% of the ride.
I think the issue with PMBO is more train related than track related, but that could also tie in with the track design the trains are huge with a very high centre of gravity where they are not constantly in contact with the side friction wheels the trains shuffle allot resulting in mad jolts and makes the ride very uncomfortable.

When Blackpool decided to retrack the big one they should have saved up the budget and got the ride both retracked and re profiled by a current manufacturer with modern track design and new trains, I imagine if Mack undertook this the big one would have been a great coaster again.

To be a great coaster again, it has to be a great coaster to begin with.
It had a poor overall profile from the start, all the hills were to shallow.
Looked very pretty, but never gave a good ride after the first drop.

Reactions: Tom
The profiling has been improved on the tunnel dive, but it is now way worse on the climb into the MCBR.

Despite the over-excitement of a fair few, I think it’s entirely correct to say the Taziker retracking has not really been that great a success. Along with sections of the track being reprofiled to make them worse (and probably put more stress on the trains), I seem to recall there being quite a few issues with the track actually fitting and delays associated with that.

I can’t imagine the brief was that detailed, but I’m sure part of it would have been to make it fit and not make it worse. They appear to have failed on both counts.

I was there yesterday too!

Parked up at 2.30, then heard the cricket was restarting so went to find a pub. Tried the dodgy Glasow Rangers pub but they were playing Hamburg in a friendly so had that on. Ended up in a pub called Last Resort for a couple of hours, after a minor altercation with a an aggressive crackhead en route. God bless Blackpool.

Stayed at the beach 'til the fireworks. Went on Icon x 1 Enso x 1 Big One x 2 Nash x 1 Flying Machines x 1 Valhalla x 1 Big Dipper x 1 Steeplechase x 1. Had a few pints on the Coasters balcony and one in Lokis.

Really enjoyed Valhalla. It is so stupidly bonkers. Can't really comment on any improvements as I've only been on it once before in 2016ish but it definitely wasnt as immersive.

Icon is dull, Enso was great.

Big One is rubbish but love the ejector on the first drop back row.

Grand National still the best coaster there for me.

Got the no hands Steeplechase cred.

Got a night ride on Dipper on the last train of the day, really good ride.

Really wanted to get my southern softie fix of chips and gravy after the fireworks but all the chippy's were shut for some strange reason.

Despite the over-excitement of a fair few, I think it’s entirely correct to say the Taziker retracking has not really been that great a success. Along with sections of the track being reprofiled to make them worse (and probably put more stress on the trains), I seem to recall there being quite a few issues with the track actually fitting and delays associated with that.

I can’t imagine the brief was that detailed, but I’m sure part of it would have been to make it fit and not make it worse. They appear to have failed on both counts.

Doesn't fit? Ask Thorpe about Taziker and Colossus. Woeful.

Has anyone ever been to pleasure beach alone? If so what's it like?

Tempted to go this week
Been to pleasurebeach 3 times solo, just a long trek from where I'm at in Gloucestershire and each time nobody was up for it or working when I've been keen to go, good fun though met some cool people around the park and in the queue lines.

Everything is a lot more fun with friends but it's still nice to enjoy your own company have a few pints, lap some rides and munch on a burger king meal overlooking the absolute cluster of rides and coaster track.

Been to pleasurebeach 3 times solo, just a long trek from where I'm at in Gloucestershire and each time nobody was up for it or working when I've been keen to go, good fun though met some cool people around the park and in the queue lines.

Everything is a lot more fun with friends but it's still nice to enjoy your own company have a few pints, lap some rides and munch on a burger king meal overlooking the absolute cluster of rides and coaster track.
* Depends on the friends.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.