• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Cost of living crisis is the number one factor.
The local day tripper market is skinter than skint.

Yes.
Nickland at 5.
Nickland 5pm in the summer holidays. Woeful !!

@Rick sent me this image of queue times at Thorpe at 2.30pm

Even Thorpe are struggling
f53b8afa5909703c5808f967219b5e8a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So yesterday I made a solo trip to the pleasure beach and despite it being a very stressful time on the train i had a great day (did meet another enthusiast on the train and hit some rides with him tho)

Park was not busy tho, longest I waited was a good 25 mins for nick streak and that was because it only has the one train, everything was walk on or at least a short wait.

Had lunch at lokis, the baguette was good but not the holy grail some make it out to be.

It rained which cleared out most of the park, i semi see why they decreased the opening hours because the park was absolutely dead, there was 2 of us waiting for Icon. Many coasters were sending empty trains.

overall I did

Icon too many times to count including enso (amazing but ew £15)
Big One x2
Big Dipper x2
Nich Streak x2
Grand National x1
Infusion x1
Revolution x1
Skyforce x1
Valhalla x1

The first week or two of the school summer holidays are always extremely quiet. This is nothing new at all, and is not reflective of how the rest of summer will be.

On my Facebook memories yesterday, a photo came up that I took 9 years ago at Alton Towers of the queue times board and everything was on 0 mins, and it was a pretty sunny day too.

This is nothing new. First weeks of summer holidays are always dead, add the bad weather that we’ve been experiencing, and it’s no wonder the parks are empty.

Steady, not very quiet.
Traditional local holiday wakes weeks, used to be very busy, then dropped to steady.
It has been unusually quiet, even through the good weather in June.
From the horses mouth, can't say which.
Local working class people...the staple of the Beach, are skint...official.

random but does the Icon mist not work anymore?
It's not been on for a few years, I think they might have completely removed it. Don't suppose the track liked being wet all the time (just look at Taron's track that is rusting by the waterfall) and it did make the exit area rather slippy. A shame though as it was a nice effect (and on a hot summer's day, nice and refreshing to ride through)

Does anyone know if the lockers can be hired for the whole day or do you have to pay again every time you open them?

They must have had enough people asking about it for them to go to the effort of designing the pass etc. Even sitting in the most expensive seat you'd need three goes to cover the cost, and how long's the Hot Ice season, a couple of months? Very odd.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.