• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Compared to Merlin parks these days Pleasure Beach food is a lot better quality (especially Loki's) and a lot better priced.
Certainly agree in the case of Loki's. Limited choice but what is there is better than what you can get at Towers right now. Less sure about the options across the rest of the park mind.
I still love Icon but won't dwell on it to avoid 387 tedious follow up posts of why I'm 'wrong' as everyone else thinks it's crap.
You're wrong, Icon is crap, how dare you! ;)

Wait you can't take your own food in? I didn't know that! Me and a friend have been planning a trip later in the year for some time and always take food into parks but if you can't do that we might rethink.
There are lockers outside the park that you can leave bags in so it's easy enough to nip out to have your picnic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There are lockers outside the park that you can leave bags in so it's easy enough to nip out to have your picnic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yep I had to use those on my past visits due to security spotting my packed lunch.

It is an amazing achievement to manage to make a ride run worse after a retrack than it was before, especially considering how already poor it was before (beyond the first drop). Big props to Taziker.
I do find it incredible that given all the IT advances since 1994, they have managed to design and produce more ill-fitted track sections than the original. The train design isn't great, but when the track visually appears squared off, what did they expect

Also, I'm thinking of taking wellies for Valhalla as I don't want my (new-ish) shoes being ruined, is that a sensible idea or would I look stupid?
I've seen a man in a wetsuit before so I wouldn't worry about it!
the website that they had a mere '10 minute' queue.
The times feel entirely fictional. I would use it to see if something is open or not, but that's about it

Just don't upset security like I did by having a tiny multitool on your keys. Fun thing is, I'd left a different one in my wallet and that was fine.

What did they think you was gonna do? Start taking 'souviner' pieces of coaster track home?

What did they think you was gonna do? Start taking 'souviner' pieces of coaster track home?
People often nick the safety signs from the trains, very regular occurrence apparently.
And the state of the Big One...anyone would think the thing had been built on sand, and had dodgy foundations.
The whole ride holds itself together, when you take the bits out that hold it rigid, (old track for new), there is a risk that the supports will move slightly in the sand.
Then the new track doesn't fit properly.
I heard this from the donut guy under the flying machines, he was in charge of track reinstatement in the closed season.
Allegedly.
Edit...fridays now discounted to £31 in advance, special offer for donkeys day off.
When did the on the day price go up to fifty quid?

Last edited:
I queued behind one of the tartan army paying cash for a group of six on Saturday might, at six pm!
Quite rightly, they said they didn't want to risk booking when it was forecast so wet, but mates were inside and loved the short queues.

My last ride...some years ago now, the ride op said it was fixed fully, but they stopped letting the room rotate right over because it was upsetting some riders, so they just rocked it about a bit.
Toned down to stop the little ones crying.
I think that whole space is ripe for development.

Can't imagine the recent weather has been doing them many favours but it's the continuation of a disappointing trend

Currently cut by a hour yes from 7 to 6pm. Weather, flights back to pre covid levels and the high on the price gate won't be helping them either
Weekends have been cut by an hour as well. Was 7pm on the Sunday I'm going, now 6pm. A little disappointing but oh well.

Does that mean the rides that close before the park closing time will close an hour earlier as well?

Currently cut by a hour yes from 7 to 6pm. Weather, flights back to pre covid levels and the high on the price gate won't be helping them either
Cost of living crisis is the number one factor.
The local day tripper market is skinter than skint.
Weekends have been cut by an hour as well. Was 7pm on the Sunday I'm going, now 6pm. A little disappointing but oh well.

Does that mean the rides that close before the park closing time will close an hour earlier as well?
Yes.
Nickland at 5.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.