• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They updated the turnstile system as well, a screen attached to them shows the host your name and photo when you scan your ticket.
It was the perfect reason/time to scrap the turnstiles, everyone pays one price and no pay-per-ride, and the scanners only coped with standard barcodes. But they have obviously spent £100 or so on each turnstile, plus bought/written in house the system for the turnstile scanners. Add all that up and it's another excuse to keep them - that they've sunk a chunk of money in making them work with e-tickets.

Re; Valhalla, while there are lockers nearby (toilets opposite Alice, or by the entrance) it would have been nice to see a bank of lockers that the queue line goes past, exit line goes past on the other side, free or cheap to use. Or even a set of lockers separate from the queue line, but cheap to use e.g. like Valkyria at Liseberg.

It was the perfect reason/time to scrap the turnstiles, everyone pays one price and no pay-per-ride, and the scanners only coped with standard barcodes. But they have obviously spent £100 or so on each turnstile, plus bought/written in house the system for the turnstile scanners. Add all that up and it's another excuse to keep them - that they've sunk a chunk of money in making them work with e-tickets.
Yes I agree that the turnstiles should've been scrapped. I understand why they've done what they have but it's overcomplicated and unnecessary.

Re; Valhalla, while there are lockers nearby (toilets opposite Alice, or by the entrance) it would have been nice to see a bank of lockers that the queue line goes past, exit line goes past on the other side, free or cheap to use. Or even a set of lockers separate from the queue line, but cheap to use e.g. like Valkyria at Liseberg.
I used the lockers by the park entrance, and luckily a member of my group had zip pockets so stored my phone after the turnstile.

I am extremely surprised that they didn’t invest in some cages on the station platform or at least a ziploc bag in each row or something to put belongings into when they did the refurbishment. A ride like Popeye is phenomenally wet (I’m not convinced it quite holds a candle to Valhalla, however), but Universal Orlando at least have the courtesy to give you a zip-up plastic cover in the middle of the boat to protect any valuables with.
Yet Disney at Animal Kingdom removed the plastic flap covering the central section as people had belongings ruined when it wasn't closed properly and water leaked in, people thought it is a perfect seal when it doesn't actually zip or anything, its just a flap. Animal Kingdom does offer free lockers instead now, but Universal don't for the water rides, only the coasters.

It seems bizarre that Valhalla, a ride known for its extreme wetness, could be shut for several years and then reopen without some kind of dedicated storage solution being put in place as part of its refurbishment.

But then again this is Pleasure Beach we are talking about. I’ve never used them myself but how much are the lockers on park to use?

It seems bizarre that Valhalla, a ride known for its extreme wetness, could be shut for several years and then reopen without some kind of dedicated storage solution being put in place as part of its refurbishment.

But then again this is Pleasure Beach we are talking about. I’ve never used them myself but how much are the lockers on park to use?
Roughly, as I can't remember exactly how long each price gets you... and can't remember if the bigger lockers cost more than the smaller ones...
£1.50 for an hour
£3.50 for long enough for a 10-6
£5 for long enough for a late night opening

According to Amanda Thompson, if you want to be the CEO of a theme park, work hard and you'll get there.

"It doesn't come easily".....wise words from a woman who was basically handed a theme park on a silver platter.
Is it just me, or has Amanda never come across as a people person?

Just been to Journey To Hell tonight. Honestly, wouldn’t bother again.

The Mexican “scare” zone as cute. However wasn’t scary was all cheery.

ALOT of swearing in the mazes from the actors? Is this normal. It took me back quite a bit to be honest!

The Tunnel “maze” was a what the hell moment. I feel they try to hard one story telling and it just doesn’t work.

Highlight was Passage Del Terror sadly! OUTSIDE the park… says it all really.

Two more Valhalla x rated photos for you to enjoy. Once again, huge thanks to Andrew Wood

A boat sits on the lower turntable while testing, notice 'standard' yellow construction festoon lighting temporarily hanging from the ceiling.
FB_IMG_1697237958665.jpg

The magnificent handcrafted station during it's construction. Some could say it has now been ruined forever by being painted back, as you will struggle to get the natural colour back now. Others may have a different oppinion. As for me? I am on the fence.
FB_IMG_1697237950764.jpg

Just been to Journey To Hell tonight. Honestly, wouldn’t bother again.

The Mexican “scare” zone as cute. However wasn’t scary was all cheery.

ALOT of swearing in the mazes from the actors? Is this normal. It took me back quite a bit to be honest!

The Tunnel “maze” was a what the hell moment. I feel they try to hard one story telling and it just doesn’t work.

Highlight was Passage Del Terror sadly! OUTSIDE the park… says it all really.
The clue was in the name: Journey to Hell. Their event description is accurate at least.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.