• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, and I know it's slightly off topic, but Holiday Inn Blackpool North is now accepting bookings for July 1st 2024 onwards. Seems mad far for a hotel which has looked finished externally for some time now but there it is.

The prices are not particularly keen yet, in fact some of it looks more than Mandy wants for Boulevard, but sometimes chain hotels price high initially to manage demand.

Now, to see if the "Five Star Hotel" at the Sands ever happens...

I think I worded it wrong. I’ve never been in a scaremaze and heard an actor swear in one before. Being called a mother f*****, told to get the **** out etc seems abit extreme for an event which is suitable for 10/12+ whatever the age restriction is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t the first year of JTH end or begin with several spooky show girls posing for photos with a big dildo? BPB’s sense of what’s shocking is all over the shop.

I think I worded it wrong. I’ve never been in a scaremaze and heard an actor swear in one before. Being called a mother ******, told to get the **** out etc seems abit extreme for an event which is suitable for 10/12+ whatever the age restriction is.
I get that off the ride staff most days...only kidding.
Possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to BPB yesterday, unfortunately they weren't running Enso which I wanted to give a shot.

Do they normally run one-train operations on nearly everything?

If the park want something small and want to make Ice Blast more interesting they should consider upgrading the seats to S&S's new "spin shot tower" model. These can be retrofitted to any existing S&S tower and would be fun. The spin can be customised in endless combinations too.

A potential blocker would be that S&S stopped working with BPB on the grounds of the modifications they'd made to the rides they have, unless that situation has been resolved (this was a long time ago!).

Anyway, isn't it about the time in the season that someone starts insisting the Nickelodeon license is up and/or Beaver Creek is making a comeback?

They paid just over £10 million for that licence, with an expectation of a 10 year minimum for value added return didn't they? I'm sure it's sticking around for a while yet.

I would argue that those Nickelodeon IPs don't carry the same value as they did back when it was first introduced. I think when the time comes the area is getting a rebrand. Pleasure Beach is skint anyway so I can't seen them spending money on the licence again

I would argue that those Nickelodeon IPs don't carry the same value as they did back when it was first introduced. I think when the time comes the area is getting a rebrand. Pleasure Beach is skint anyway so I can't seen them spending money on the licence again
The council loaned them half the amount, according to news reports at the time.

Negotiation is a 2 way thing. The license holder Paramount (recently renamed from Viacom) is changing their core engagement proposition with Paramount+ and I suspect they would be very incentivised to keep the brand exposure which Pleasure Beach provides, unless they have a better offer on the table.

A potential blocker would be that S&S stopped working with BPB on the grounds of the modifications they'd made to the rides they have, unless that situation has been resolved (this was a long time ago!).

Anyway, isn't it about the time in the season that someone starts insisting the Nickelodeon license is up and/or Beaver Creek is making a comeback?
So sir you were bang on with the timing...this is the time of year the discussion regarding the license for Bradleys beaver is up.

What other S&S rides does pleasure beach have other than ice blast or are you including Arrow coasters? Also what kind of modifications did they make?
They had another tower at Southport. The story went that S&S refused to service either due to mods made by BPB. Could be total balls and you can tell from the fact that Southport is in the mix that it is, at best, highly liable to being outdated.

Some minor updates to Ghost Train to report this week

- The first section is now lit (not sure deliberate though?)
- The three cloaked druid things are now unlit, so you can't see they're identical
- New audio after the downwards chain 'lift' - a little girl's voice, a scream, and some more train sounds for the tunnel
- The awful sound effects from the station are gone, and there's now a mildly spooky soundtrack. Can also be heard at several points inside the ride.

Elsewhere..
- Appears one of the locos of PB Express has disappeared from the shed. Hopefully being repaired somewhere rather than turned to coke cans and razor blades :oops:
- Icon now has a gate between the main queue and the Enso section, inside the station. Bizarrely, they've not bothered to paint it, so it's just bare metal in amongst a gold-painted fence. More bizarrely, the latch to open it is on the side furthest from where the operators stand
- They've finally stopped playing the rides, the shows etc at the park entrance, and switched to PB radio
- The water under Infusion appears to be drained down about half way. Very shallow now

On a final note, since I know certain PB staff read this forum - Please can someone remove that can of spray paint or whatever it is from the final scene of River Caves, looks absolutely ridiculous and it's been there weeks.

Some minor updates to Ghost Train to report this week

- The first section is now lit (not sure deliberate though?)

There's quite a few new, incredibly bright LED "emergency exit" lights which light quite a few scenes far too much.

Unfortunately on my ride through the TV screen based effects were off (seem to always be whenever I get on it these days). The "spooky creepy crawly" room is also very dark now, so you can't actually see the creepy wall that tips forward (the bit that used to be a book case a long time ago).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.