• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

There’s a video as they finally got it high enough for it to get to the second launch. By sounds if things it didn’t open today.

What's an underspeed test? Does that mean they deliberately run it slower than its operating speed to ensure it will still get round?

The under speed tests are usually where it is intentionally launched slower such that the train doesn’t make it past the first element after either launch, so it will either not crest the airtime hill or the Immelmann and therefore rollback onto the respective launch.

It is to warm the wheels/bearings up first thing each day.
They usually do it from the control box outside the station a couple of times before the first full launch.
Usually done before park opening, but you often see it from the queueline at early doors.
The first rides of the day can go through that first inversion very slowly...I've gone through at about three miles an hour, real walking pace.
We have had weird gusty wings from the north and east for the last couple of days.

Any indication to when Valhalla is due to open? Never been to BPB and heard good things about Valhalla so ideally we'll visit when it reopens.

Gutted about the big one, watched it running for a bit from my hotel window but was shut by the time I got to it on park.

The Grand National was great, running much better than the past few years. Almost reminiscent of when it was my favourite coaster in the world. (when I was about 10)

ENSO, really enjoyed it. Plenty of spinning through the first part of the ride and then towards the very end. It's a fun thing to try but £15 is a bit too much in my opinion. They should at least allow you the option to purchase another go at a lower cost. I went on it on my own by the way.

Big Dipper still great but think they could do with looking at the laterals you currently get going through the turnaround.

Rollercoaster (Nick Streak) still an excellent coaster, flies over those bunny hills.

Pleasure Beach Express, still a lovely way to spend 15 minutes. Especially in sunny weather.

I think this question comes on the back of some folks being turned away without kids earlier in the week, only to return later in the day to find another operator who let them ride.

Whilst I’m not too bothered about riding Blue Flyer, if the operators are making up rules about who can and can’t ride their coasters, this really does concern me.
Agreed, unless a ride is clearly advertised as being for children only for practical reasons (like the Driving School at Legoland) in my books that means anyone can ride it. If parents are allowed on with children then any adult should be able to ride. Otherwise it's hard to see this as anything other than discrimination.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.