• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Four coasters, bag of chips and a pint.
Not a bad lunch hour.
School trip alert!
Ended up paired up on Icon with a woman who had come 50 miles with mates...
No Big One and Valhalla, and her mates didn't really like woodies!
Bit of a waste of £140 quid was her comment.

Four coasters, bag of chips and a pint.
Not a bad lunch hour.
School trip alert!
Ended up paired up on Icon with a woman who had come 50 miles with mates...
No Big One and Valhalla, and her mates didn't really like woodies!
Bit of a waste of £140 quid was her comment.

What was today’s Big One excuse? Too bright?

Got to love Mandy's honest update there; issue after issue, not what you'd normally be hearing from a park about a new ride (even though it is often the case).

Well Amanda, that’s an interesting way to look at it..

837f6ccf0e85b5ebafdf333dc74db628.jpg

For a sunny Saturday that’s absurd. It almost makes me think BPB management has a bottomless pot of money and couldn’t care less if the park fails.

I know that’s not the case, but that’s certainly the impression that tweet gives.

Then again, as I said in another thread, every single theme park in the UK has been dead this season, and I’m sure that Amanda knows this.

The interesting thing though is that Blackpool seemed to limit the amount of season passes they were selling this year, I know that when I tried to buy one at the very start of March I was unable to as the website stated that the “Allocation of season passes for 2022” had sold out.

That makes me think that they tried a different strategy this year, to sell far fewer Season Passes by limiting their sales and make more of their money from the sale of individual day tickets but it would appear that it’s backfiring somewhat if the park is constantly dead as has often been reported. You look at that, the way the price structure for Enso was received and that they’ve scaled back it’s availability, and the fact that Valhalla is still unavailable after so long, and there are some very concerning trends there.

To me it seems to be idiotic management stuck in a rut over covid measures.
On (a very dead) park at the end of last week, ended up sharing a ride on Icon with a woman who had visited with three mates.
Two weren't into thrill rides, one wouldn't do woodies.
£160 for half a dozen small rides for four people.
Before covid that would have been around £80, for two non riders passes and two entry passes.
Their costs have doubled in three years.
Bring back the cheap entry pass Mandy, your park has been empty for two whole months apart from the very odd busy day.
You are losing millions on the secondary spend of the non riders, the ones who wander the shops when the family are riding!

Then again, as I said in another thread, every single theme park in the UK has been dead this season, and I’m sure that Amanda knows this.

Has it though? I have visited Drayton Manor quite a few times this season due to my son wanting to visit. The park has been fairly busy every single time except for two exceptions, one where it was totally rammed and another time mid week, when it was dead.

It seems to me that Mandy and the Pleasure Beach do not want to admit their own failings as the cause of the park being so empty.

Enso is the new VR on Galactica. It'll be gone soon and no one will ever mention it again (apart from us of course).
I am not sure I would would equate the two. Galactica had huge logistical headaches, with a boat load of additional revenue expense every single day, on every single train. Enso is a single pair of seats on one of three trains (that they don't even always run).

Enso doesn't make any real difference to the park, really. If it's got people on it, it's taking money. If it's empty, harnesses down and the seats go out empty. If they bought the hardware (I assume they did), taking it off doesn't seem like a win ?

Minor capacity uplift ... but all chatter of late is how dead the park is.

I wouldn't agree that every park is dead this season. Alton Towers and Chessington both seem to me to be doing a good trade, numbers down on last year but that was to be expected. Still good crowd levels for the time of year.

Pleasure Beach has priced itself completely out of the market.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.