• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Reading all of this is kind of blowing my mind. I had no idea that season tickets for BPB (I’ve never had one) were only valid for the remainder of the season.

I’ve been a holder of the Merlin pass as well as a Paultons Park season ticket, and both of those are valid 12 months from the date of purchase.

No wonder BPB have so much chaos with season ticket renewals in February every year.

Yet again, they just don’t help themselves.

Reading all of this is kind of blowing my mind. I had no idea that season tickets for BPB (I’ve never had one) were only valid for the remainder of the season.

I’ve been a holder of the Merlin pass as well as a Paultons Park season ticket, and both of those are valid 12 months from the date of purchase.
Aren't the latter annual passes ? I know it sounds like I'm splitting hairs but there's quite a difference.

A season pass rolls the same way as a season ticket for football.

If you live a long way away, I wouldn't bother with a Blackpool season pass...fuel costs going up and a rail strike on the way.

That’s exactly why I was wanting a pass, as we live a distance away the plan was to visit Blackpool for a weekend a few times in the year, staying overnight in a hotel in the wider area, and visit the park on both days, similar to what we do when we go to Towers.

Yes, if you are doing double days and staying over it is worth it in a couple of visits.
There are also the discounts with your pass if you remember to show your card.

Sorry to go off on a slightly random tangent and ask a slightly random Blackpool question, but; is it true that Blackpool Pleasure Beach doesn’t allow packed lunches on park?

I seem to remember hearing that the sole reason for the bag checks and metal detectors existing at the entrance was to find packed lunches rather than for any proper safety reason, but that could be false. That does sound slightly excessive just for finding packed lunches…

Is the Blackpool packed lunch ban true? Or did I completely make this up?

Sorry to go off on a slightly random tangent and ask a slightly random Blackpool question, but; is it true that Blackpool Pleasure Beach doesn’t allow packed lunches on park?

I seem to remember hearing that the sole reason for the bag checks and metal detectors existing at the entrance was to find packed lunches rather than for any proper safety reason, but that could be false. That does sound slightly excessive just for finding packed lunches…

Is the Blackpool packed lunch ban true? Or did I completely make this up?
It certainly used to be a rule, they wouldn’t allow any food in to the park and would take it off you at the entrance (you could collect later I believe or put in a locker outside the park). No idea if that rule is still a thing or not as I’ve never tried to take food in.

It certainly used to be a rule, they wouldn’t allow any food in to the park and would take it off you at the entrance (you could collect later I believe or put in a locker outside the park). No idea if that rule is still a thing or not as I’ve never tried to take food in.
Yeah I had to put my bag in a (paid) locker outside of the park a few years back because I had a packed lunch. 😡

Last edited:
Still on the website.

0E5AE572-CC6E-444E-952C-75C8D0CADC1E.jpeg
That’s a fair reason, I guess. They don’t really want to be encouraging eating in queues and such, and if there’s no space for picnic areas, then where else can food be eaten?

Yep, the picnic thing is an excuse, much like the limited season pass numbers. The cynic in me would suggest they artificially limited them to drive sales. Now they’ve realised attendance numbers have dropped, they’ve suddenly found a few spare passes down the back of the sofa to put back on sale.

I mean if you factor in a free visit to each of Liseburg, Europa Park, Portaventura, Efteling and Isla Magica into the pass and you can do all them in 2022 aswell then it suddanly becomes much better value. If I got one I'd probably prioritise visiting each of those in the same season. Most of which are decent parks to be included.

Interesting Isla Magica is owned by Looping group, maybe we'll see a collaboration with Drayton Manor and WMSP to create a rival to Merlin pass?

I mean if you factor in a free visit to each of Liseburg, Europa Park, Portaventura, Efteling and Isla Magica into the pass and you can do all them in 2022 aswell then it suddanly becomes much better value. If I got one I'd probably prioritise visiting each of those in the same season. Most of which are decent parks to be included.

Interesting Isla Magica is owned by Looping group, maybe we'll see a collaboration with Drayton Manor and WMSP to create a rival to Merlin pass?

Isla Magica is probably the worst theme park I have ever had the displeasure of visiting. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

What was wrong with it, out of interest?

Everything pretty much. It was a hideous day when we visited. Things weren't operated well at all, the queue jumping was a disgrace too and way worse than other Spanish parks I have been to.

Im amazed it's still open tbh but there's not much competition in the south of Spain so that's why it probably survives.

An SLC was probably the stand out ride too. Hahahahaha.

And just for a bit of balance (and I know this is going wildly off topic), I really enjoyed my one and only visit to Isla Magica.

Some beautiful theming, great scenery, a very pleasant park atmosphere despite it being very busy, an enjoyable chilled out day. Obviously the rides aren’t ground breaking, but having been to all the theme parks in Spain, I’d rate it somewhere in the middle.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.