• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone been on park this weekend ? My nephew said there is 'lots of demolition' happening under PMBO Starr Hill, it sounded like he was describing the rock work around the the Pleasure Beach Express.
I'ts looked like that for years!
Edit...double post...don't whip me, I tried to double quote but it got all masticated.

The last dodgy rumour I heard...following Mandy's great determination to get Valhalla open this month...was a mid October opening.
Anyone heard owt?
I mean, what's the point? Who wants to ride Valhalla in October? At this point in the year you might as well just hold off until next year.

I can't see anyone (apart from a hand full of enthusiasts) travelling to Blackpool to ride Valhalla in October.

Some unofficial soft opening for a ride that has been a massive technical headache from day one doesn't feel like a terrible idea to me.

Maybe it's less wet now ... :confused:

I'm not doubting Blackpool will be busy, I just don't think anyone would go on it.

It'd be like Alton Towers opening Battle Galleons for the first time in December.
It isn't opening for the first time though is it, and it tends to be busy when it is open, or they tend not to open it.

Are there any real signs of imminent opening though?

Last time I saw it the outside still had scaffold up and there appeared to be quite some work to do. No signs of much testing either.

It's certainly done a lot of testing earlier in the year but it appears that the scaffolding for the exit ramp is now positioned in the trough meaning you couldn't test it at the moment.

Now, one of the recent liars of the Beach told me that Valhalla would be reopening mid October.
They took a large amount of scaffolding down last week...
And put it up again this week.
Not a chance of opening this year, zero frontage progress, looks like the water has been drained...the station channel was dry.

Brilliant afternoon with dippy playing out at the Beach.
Bitter £4.95 on the FY4 bar, just for a chat with Bernard.
No wonder we usually sup in Crevettes.
Lots of short queues, with front and back seats, got to drive on Icon.
No takers for Enso.
And we got a walk on Alice...no tears shakey.

By bitter, do you mean the bottles of Hobgoblin etc Rob? They’ve been a bit pricey for a few years, but even the Heineken has shot up over the last 18 months at the park-owned bars. Pretty much £1 more than just over a year ago. They used to be about in par with Velvet Coaster prices, alas no longer.

Indeed, the hobbling goblin, even Bernard was surprised at the price!
Two 50p increases over the year I think, more than a quid more than the thin Thwaites in Crevettes, not great but an easy drivers beer, more frothy brown water than anything.

Pretty sure they just closed Hex because they didn't want to spend the money operating it that year then claimed it was being refurbished.

Great start to the weekend with the tower being closed for 'technical' reasons. Sealife Centre was nice enough, put some Halloween themeing up. Madame Tussauds had the Queen wax work still on display.

Still Pleasure Beach is open and the big one is running so hopefully a good few hours for the rest of the day.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.