• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

So that's four fresh closures this season.
I'll miss the occasional moist ert with Dora.
I am assuming the Dora one is because the audio is currently non-existent, which makes you wonder what's been done in all the time it was closed last year!

They were two i noticed TPWW singled out on their opening day vlog, pointed out they were in worse condition than when the park closed and questioned what is going on during off season.
It closed weeks early last season, but I understand this was for urgent repairs on the building rather than anything we can see. The general look of the ride is terrible, and there's various obvious water leaks still.
I did notice the channel appears to be very shallow, the water was quite low at the start of last season but even with just my weight, the boat was struggling on Sunday on the corners.

W&G is in a worse state than last year. Hilariously the video screen at the end appears to have been paused, there's a large play button. Somehow it's ended up in the wrong aspect ratio as well

Grand Prix closed earlier last season too without prior warning, does anyone know the last day Grand Prix actually operated? Also does anyone know what was wrong with it causing it to close earlier in the season (and now to never reopen)?

Grand Prix closed earlier last season too without prior warning, does anyone know the last day Grand Prix actually operated? Also does anyone know what was wrong with it causing it to close earlier in the season (and now to never reopen)?
Someone has probably put in a lawsuit against the park, due to childhood trauma caused by a strange moustached man threatening that they'll "come down there and bash their head in".

It went to Saturday/Sunday operation only during the latter half of last season, before they seemed to give up entirely.

I did see they had some lads looking at the helix structure last year, which made me think the issue may involve that, but I could be putting two and two and getting five.

Impossible is still not on the closed list too, so thats 7 rides currently closed
It used to be on there permanently to say walkthrough only (I.e. no swing)

Must be getting on for a few years since that swing moved?

Yes, just a reminder that when posting videos such as the above, please do also post a summary of the key points made so that others know what you are posting about without having to watch an entire video. Especially if you are asking others for their take on it. From just the title and image used for the video preview, it looks more related to Thorpe than Blackpool!

Thank you!

Can you elaborate on what his "info" is?
He hints that a new tall coaster may be planned for BPB, quoting "ridiculous new heights"... not sure where that came from.
I have little doubt BPB approached designers to see what could be done to retake the height record after the announcement of Hyperia. It's just if anything comes to fruition. After all, we have been here with plans before.

Apologies everyone, realised it seemed completely unrelated and should have put a little summary.

Had a little thought this morning as well. Would be hilarious for Mack to be used as some sort of pawn in the race to have the UKs tallest coaster. My question would be:

How tall can we build a Mack Stryker with vertical launch?

A vertical lift hill is the only way i could see BPR realistically beating Hyperia's record.

Apologies everyone, realised it seemed completely unrelated and should have put a little summary.

Had a little thought this morning as well. Would be hilarious for Mack to be used as some sort of pawn in the race to have the UKs tallest coaster. My question would be:

A vertical lift hill is the only way i could see BPR realistically beating Hyperia's record.

Not sure i fancy a 300ft vertical lift hill considering the evacuation method.

I wouldn't under estimate the size of the plot of land which Grand Prix frees up. It is roughly 0.15km in length which is longer than the length of stealth (at it's longest point). To add to the speculation, there is lots of free space around Icon for footers! I've popped a red line in showing how a longer than necessary lift hill could be used - just to demonstrate it could be done.

1709890972443.png
A vertical launch coaster would be fun. I would love to see a swing launch coaster too - I feel that would add a lot of unique sensations we don't have on a great scale.

Also, if you take a look at the 'free' plots of land available (not including areas where footers could be incorporated) - if the park wanted something 'world class' they surely could incorporate it pretty easily using the ground space.
1709891351229.png

Ofcourse, this is all pure speculation... which is always the best part.

Attachments

• 1709890802157.png
    1709890802157.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
More speculation....

No basis for this at all, other than the Ice Blast gondola/ seat assembly has been completely dis-assembled. What do you think the chances that the "parts" we have been told they are waiting on being delivered could be these...

1709891962961.png

I don't think that is a far fetched idea considering the state it was in on opening day. If it is going to reopen, something fundamental is clearly happening to the gondola.
1709892151681.png
(From Scott's opening day Vlog)

More speculation....

No basis for this at all, other than the Ice Blast gondola/ seat assembly has been completely dis-assembled. What do you think the chances that the "parts" we have been told they are waiting on being delivered could be these...

1709891962961.png

I don't think that is a far fetched idea considering the state it was in on opening day. If it is going to reopen, something fundamental is clearly happening to the gondola.
1709892151681.png
(From Scott's opening day Vlog)
I think it would be feasible if it wasn't for the ride looking completely knackered. Just stick Gyro swing there and be done with it.

Can't see PB going for another hyper coaster unless they have found some magic money tree. If they can't afford to maintain the rides they have what makes people think they can splurge on another hyper coaster.