• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Since the rodent was exterminated, Nash is comfortably the best thing at BPBPBRL. Spent several laps racing Vik and Dave with Leigh whilst the others did the water warehouse and it was good fun.

What happened to the guy who broke his neck on it a few years back?

I went on a rough wooden rollercoaster at 6 Flags America and it was truly a horrifying experience, I’ve avoided them ever since with the exception of WickerMan.

What happened to the guy who broke his neck on it a few years back?
I remember at the time he went to the press and claimed he didn't have any health issues. During the investigation it came out he had persistent back problems and shouldn't have been on any thrill rides.

I'm pretty sure he was paralysed - which is horrific. But, despite his initial pleadings to the press, thre was no blame placed on the Nash.

I went for a few hours today (left early as I couldn't be bothered with the cold and wet, being local with a season pass it's not cost me anything really to get there). I did notice Ice Blast's building appears to have been painted (black) and some of the signage has re-appeared. So perhaps it is going to return... (I didn't bother getting a photo, but the building looked freshly painted and there was a new Ice Blast height/entrance board in place)

I enjoy it, a lot!

You need to go see someone about that then 😂

I love the layout and the racing element don't get me wrong but it's just like paying someone to torture you for 2-3 mins. Horrendous experience these days.

If you love it now then god only knows what you thought when it actually rode not too bad.

You need to go see someone about that then 😂

I love the layout and the racing element don't get me wrong but it's just like paying someone to torture you for 2-3 mins. Horrendous experience these days.

If you love it now then god only knows what you thought when it actually rode not too bad.
I think perhaps the issue here may be that you seem unable to consider the idea that other people have different opinions to yourself.

I've been riding it since 2004, it was brilliant then, still a great coaster now but I wish they'd give it a bigger-scale refurb to bring it back to its best.

At this point even the Big Dipper is more comfortable than the Grand National. If I'm unfortunately sitting above the wheels on the Grand National I almost fear for my life to exaggerate things. Thankfully I can usually get a non wheel seat which makes things a lot better and provides a less rougher experience

I think perhaps the issue here may be that you seem unable to consider the idea that other people have different opinions to yourself.

I've been riding it since 2004, it was brilliant then, still a great coaster now but I wish they'd give it a bigger-scale refurb to bring it back to its best.

Again not true. If it was a lot smoother I wouldn't care if someone prefered that to Icon or Big One. I'd prefer it to the Big One myself if it was a lot smoother.

I see you're not backing down but I truly don't believe you enjoy the ride experience. It's literally impossible unless you're some kind of sadist. It's got nothing to do with tastes as I described above.

It's got nothing to do with tastes as I described above.

You literally keep describing it as not possibly being to anyone's taste. Then people tell you it is theirs, and you say "I don't believe you".

It's rough, uncomfortable, feels insane and a little dangerous and can hurt and make you feel rattled and discombobulated.

Plenty of leisure activites are rough, painful, uncomfortable. What does being less smooth than other coasters have to do with it? It's like saying "I don't believe anyone can like freezing cold water swimming when there are nice warm pools around" "nobody can like canyoning because boats exist" "nobody can like rugby when games consoles are a thing" - these are all popular activities that can be uncomfortable, painful, often dangerous and often lead to personal injury, and they all have alternatives that avoid those downsides....so why do people keep doing them?

Some people enjoy Grand National. Some people don't see "smooth" as the only measure of a fun ride. I think you just need to deal with it.

Again not true. If it was a lot smoother I wouldn't care if someone prefered that to Icon or Big One. I'd prefer it to the Big One myself if it was a lot smoother.

I see you're not backing down but I truly don't believe you enjoy the ride experience. It's literally impossible unless you're some kind of sadist. It's got nothing to do with tastes as I described above.
You're being really unnecessarily rude about all this. It's just a roller coaster that I enjoy and you don't, why is that so hard to understand?

What people enjoy/don't enjoy about any coaster is subjective - when it comes to classic rides like Nash even more so. Those opinions aren't going to be changed just because other people believe the opposite. This is a Blackpool Pleasure Beach discussion topic, and most are looking at this topic for updates about the park rather than arguments about why people should or shouldn't personally rate a coaster higher or lower.

So at this point, let's just agree to disagree on the subject of your own personal preferences and stick to discussion and updates about the park itself. Thanks :)

That would be a masochist not a sadist.
I truly enjoy the National.
It isn't impossible at all.
It has everything to do with taste.
And personal opinion.
Please don't challenge anyone on here for their preferences...
"You don't like what I like, so you must be telling lies or completely wrong."
Every opinion is sacred round here, that is why I like the fair open debate.

Edit...Sorry Craig, replied to a post before completing reading the topic...again.