• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Well it's a positive video at least. I just hope it isn't a one off knee jerk reaction to the shambolic opening weekend and all the criticism they received .

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Why can't Andy Hygate become the next managing director? He looks like a guy who'll make some decent changes to the park
He's already on the board - Operations Director

Well it's a positive video at least. I just hope it isn't a one off knee jerk reaction to the shambolic opening weekend and all the criticism they received .
The video was for their season launch, a corporate presentation for the press & local businesses etc

I think it's the first proper acknowledgement we've had they're planning to mark Big One reaching 30. To be honest I was getting a bit worried as there has been little mention!

What I got from the video (reading well between the lines) is that the Grand Prix closure maybe came quicker than expected.

The talk about Valhalla maybe suggests that they weren't able to get all the theming/ effects in place during the refit - so it will be interesting to see what comes from that.

What I got from the video (reading well between the lines) is that the Grand Prix closure maybe came quicker than expected.

The talk about Valhalla maybe suggests that they weren't able to get all the theming/ effects in place during the refit - so it will be interesting to see what comes from that.
Really? Three years closed and they for some reason didn't have enough time to get all theming and effects in place? I mean so much time and money and effort was supposedly put into improving the ride system during that time but it still broke down every 10 mins... makes you wonder why Valhalla was worth keeping if it's still so unreliable and inconsistent

I wonder if they will try and sell off the grand Prix cars, I'd imagine there would be some interest in bagging one of those. Id love to see one modified and driving round minus the guided rail

I wonder if they will try and sell off the grand Prix cars, I'd imagine there would be some interest in bagging one of those. Id love to see one modified and driving round minus the guided rail
Some have already been sold.
I weed around one on my gardening round.
Real petrol too, none of your battery stuff that runs out of juice after half an hour.

Every vlogger’s too busy fawning over Nemesis being repainted to bother about yet more rides closing for “planned maintenance” at Pleasure Beach.

I have no love for the vloggers....... however if you put Nemmy up against all of Blackpool's coasters combined it still comes out as the winner. 😉

We are talking Champions League to League one here.