• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As of tonight, this is the number one place for Blackpool Pleasure Beach discussion on any enthusiast forum in the world. No other forum knows the park as well as us lot.

I reckon there should be a rebrand from TowersStreet to TowersBeach.

Don't worry, Pleasure Beach Experience is still going strong and will continue to run via our social media platforms, we are going to work on a replacement for the forum over the closed season.

We simply have no need for a forum anymore, it doesn't get the interest that our other social media platforms attract.

Thanks for all the work over the 8 years of running it, and Keep up the good work one Facebook/ youtube/ twitter ect ect.:)

It's a shame as I kept up with the forum more than the social media channels. Regardless, best of luck with the progression of the platform and the channels, Scott.

Likewise @ScottPBE. I also think collectively we enjoyed our old classic arguments on there in some way ;)

Likewise @ScottPBE. I also think collectively we enjoyed our old classic arguments on there in some way ;)

I think we can definitely agree that they were a laugh really, no harm was ever meant by the classic which park is better and which ride is good/bad debates. I don't want to take over TST's topic about the Pleasure Beach with discussions about the PBE forum so I will just say thanks to anyone who has ever supported the forum and I hope to see you following us on Facebook, YouTube etc, we will definitely be better off without a forum from now on.

I think we can definitely agree that they were a laugh really, no harm was ever meant by the classic which park is better and which ride is good/bad debates.

Perhaps AT should look at buying wild mouse if it's closing. (seeing as AT now have a taste for woodies) , and lets face it they could really do with a decent coaster !! :)

Just kidding. We are all friends now !

Last edited:
Hi all,

Quick visit to BPB today. Good to see some of roof on Icon station now. Track supports & cladding still on North car park. Went to pay my respects to Wild Mouse, hopefully it will reopen though but I have said my goodbyes just in case! Plenty of punters overheard being disappointed at it being closed for maintenance. Quote of the day, and one of the funniest things I've overheard at BPB: a Scottish guy approaches the Mouse and says "Here's a wee babby coaster, lets go on it." He would have been in for a surprise if he'd got to ride it! Plenty of Scots, must be half term week. Big One & Flying Machines shut due to wind. FY4 really not the same without mice hurtling round that corner

Mouse news from yesterday, the storage room lights were on, but shock horror, the fountains were off. The only actual movement was a gull taking the mickey out of the staff on the FY4 bar.
The park was overrun with fine Scotish drinkers, good company at the bars.
I imagine it will be very busy from today over the last couple of weeks, apparently quite a lot of north west schools are off until bonfire night.
Fireworks at the end of Vampire Beach for the first time as well.

Sad to say my enthusiasm for 2018 at BPB has plummeted after Wild Mouse's future has been brought into question.

One of the most exciting things about Icon's development for me was that it was another coaster to build on the existing lineup, and not a replacement for an existing one; if they're going to replace the rides/coasters on a one-in-one-out basis, is that really progress?

Of course, Icon looks fantastic, but new coasters are the future and can be built anytime - well, within reason. Wild Mouse on the other hand is one of a kind, a completely unique coaster and a true asset to the Pleasure Beach - not to mention it's one of the most fun coasters I've ever been on! There really is nothing else like it in the country and I'll be gutted if it goes.

I can't imagine Pleasure Beach without the Wild Mouse. :(

Yes Jamie, it is progress.
I'm not happy about the Mouse possibly going either, it is my favourite ride, but...
1. 95% of their customers would prefer Icon to the Mouse, many see it as just another woodie on the park.
2. The park is extremely limited in space, so stuff has to go to fit in new stuff,
3. The Mouse has had constant issues for years, the will/won't it be back next year rumour has been going on for at least ten years.
4. In years gone by, if you got hurt on a ride you went to the First Aid room, and saw the lovely nurse, who would give you a cuddle and two paracetamol. Now people run to A&E, then to the solicitors. Incidents that needed formally recording were running at about three a day on busy days, I know because I have seen the ride supervisor filling in the accident book(s) on the ride platform too many times.
5. If it wasn't for the Fun House fire, Valhalla wouldn't exist. I loved the Fun House, but there is no way it would be rebuilt with todays litigious claim culture, it would cost them thousands of pounds per day.

Rob, fair point with "If it wasn't for the Fun House fire, Valhalla wouldn't exist", yes things DO eventually go to make way for other rides, but what will replace the Mouse which could possibly better it as a ride experience?

I don't really see an argument for 'one out, one in" at least on the space front as Icon is nowhere near Mouse.

I've learnt to take no notice of whether the Mouse fountains are on or not, I've seen them both on and off during days it's been closed, so that means nothing. But yes the workshop lights were on Tues when I went too.

Also Rob, on "95% of their customers would prefer Icon to the Mouse, many see it as just another woodie on the park" I have overheard countless people voicing their disappointment about Wild Mouse being shut this season, all over the park too, not just outside the ride itself. Which tells you about its popularity

Thanks Shakey, will check the Icon topic

Yes Jamie, it is progress.
I'm not happy about the Mouse possibly going either, it is my favourite ride, but...
1. 95% of their customers would prefer Icon to the Mouse, many see it as just another woodie on the park.
2. The park is extremely limited in space, so stuff has to go to fit in new stuff,
3. The Mouse has had constant issues for years, the will/won't it be back next year rumour has been going on for at least ten years.
4. In years gone by, if you got hurt on a ride you went to the First Aid room, and saw the lovely nurse, who would give you a cuddle and two paracetamol. Now people run to A&E, then to the solicitors. Incidents that needed formally recording were running at about three a day on busy days, I know because I have seen the ride supervisor filling in the accident book(s) on the ride platform too many times.
5. If it wasn't for the Fun House fire, Valhalla wouldn't exist. I loved the Fun House, but there is no way it would be rebuilt with todays litigious claim culture, it would cost them thousands of pounds per day.
Unfortunately I reluctantly agree with most of those points, apart from the space one. Yes it's a park short on space but losing the mouse will free up little more than enough for a kiddie ride or a couple of stalls or a new fountain.

Despite the mouses obvious issues I still think the park should be doing all they can to keep this historic ride open. I know PB is not technically a heritage park but historic rides form a big part of its appeal which is why they should be doing everything possible to keep the mouse running for future generations.

But so far the park have confirmed nothing so until it does I will remain hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just for fun and so as not to derail the Icon topic with it, now that we've seen the grey track, I think it would be a good time to repaint Revolution.

What colour would you like to see Rev painted? I think purple like the retired Corky loops would be cool. We already have white nearby in Avalanche and orange & green in Streak so I'd rule them out. Orange having been done anyway of course. Or possibly back to red for its 40th in 2019.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.