• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Despite the fact that numerous rides have been down all day/afternoon, most due to weather, the park has closed an hour earlier than advertised on the website (closed at 6pm, advertised as 7pm).

Terrible customer service!

Come on you people, it was absolutely hissing it down, get a flipping life.
Free entry Sunday because of the rain, completely acceptable.
What is your problem?
50 mph winds, two inches of rain...how many people were left on the park at 6pm then???

Reactions: pj
Come on you people, it was absolutely hissing it down, get a flipping life.
Free entry Sunday because of the rain, completely acceptable.
What is your problem?
50 mph winds, two inches of rain...how many people were left on the park at 6pm then???

My problem is that if a park says it will be open until 7pm, it should be open until 7pm regardless of weather. It is standard procedure in any theme park or visitor attraction to honour the advertised opening times.

I nearly went tonight at 5:30, glad I didn't!

My problem is that if a park says it will be open until 7pm, it should be open until 7pm regardless of weather. It is standard procedure in any theme park or visitor attraction to honour the advertised opening times.

I nearly went tonight at 5:30, glad I didn't!
Most parks do state something like "opening times are subject to change without notice, e.g in the enent of bad weather" on their websites/tickets.

Most parks do state something like "opening times are subject to change without notice, e.g in the enent of bad weather" on their websites/tickets.

Yes they do, but this is usually to cover themselves if they need to change the opening times in exceptional circumstances. A bit of rain isn't really an exceptional circumstance.

And rob666, a free next day return (whilst a good gesture), isn't really useful for someone travelling across the country to the park.

It was a frigging storm Mako, forecast for the last four days, not a bit of rain...two inches of rain in an afternoon is exceptional. And you were going to visit at 5.30 pm on a seven close...really? On a day like this? Your dedication to coastering knows no bounds.
EDIT...The top seven stories on yahoo news are all related to storm Brian...sky , Sun, mail, express, etc...bit of rain my arse.

Last edited:
It was a frigging storm Mako, forecast for the last four days, not a bit of rain...two inches of rain in an afternoon is exceptional. And you were going to visit at 5.30 pm on a seven close...really? On a day like this? Your dedication to coastering knows no bounds.

I was going to visit for an hour or two knowing that it would be quiet due to the rain. (Can't beat the Nash on a wet day!)

Heavy rain was forecast for the last several days, yet they still advertised 7pm close online. I'm not one to criticise BPB often, but this is extremely poor.

Take no notice of Rob, folks. He is wee wee'd as a trump after being in the boozer all afternoon!

I agree that early closing is not great, but having been on the park for about 90 mins mid afternoon today, as much as I love BPB, it was a bleak, miserable afternoon which only got worse as I was driving home. Felt like I drove through one giant puddle for 75 mins all the way home. I got absolutely pelted with rain on Nash & Dipper. After the first double dip on Nash I closed my eyes for the rest of the ride, which made for a fun if somewhat terrifying ride experience.

Not really a fan of early closures, but maybe we should cut the park some slack as it was particularly bad weather and you get a free next day return.

It's all well and good saying there's the free return, but in what way does that benefit season pass holders? We pay good money for travel and accomodation to visit the Pleasure Beach, yet nothing is offered to us when our day is cut short.

I still think if an "earliest ride close" time is offered, it's wrong to close earlier regardless of whether the park is heaving or not. People have planned visits and paid under the guideline that 7pm is the earliest time the rides will close, to then close at 6 undermining the information cleary displayed on the website is false advertising and very, very poor in terms of guest experience.

Do you see Thorpe Park or Alton Towers close an hour early when the weather is poor?

Banana beer in my local spoons...And at least I didn't squirt it all over my trainers dippy...:)Severe weather warning, threat of spring tide flooding on Blackpool prom. And if Dave leaves early...that just says it all. Sense of perspective required here boys.

I agree that closing early is not very good, especially for those who've travelled for hours.

But whether it's in the small print or not, BPB seem to do as they please and if this means shutting an hour early then tough luck, it would seem. However you'd think there is still an hours worth of takings in food, drink & Merch to be had for them!

I would be more annoyed if I'd paid £100+ for a family to get in after travelling a few hours & couldn't take advantage of the free next day return, but in terms of compensating season pass holders, I've had great value for money this season so aren't too upset. That said, I was leaving at 3:15 anyway! Might not have been too pleased if I'd wanted to stay til the bitter end !

I was going to visit for an hour or two knowing that it would be quiet due to the rain. (Can't beat the Nash on a wet day!)

Heavy rain was forecast for the last several days, yet they still advertised 7pm close online. I'm not one to criticise BPB often, but this is extremely poor.

Wasn’t poor, it was pouring

Boom boom here all week try the fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Despite the fact that numerous rides have been down all day/afternoon, most due to weather, the park has closed an hour earlier than advertised on the website (closed at 6pm, advertised as 7pm).

To be fair to the park, closing Big One and Flying Machines in very high winds with a storm supposedly coming is to be expected. Especially by us lot. May come as more of a surprise to the casual punter. Oh, Wild Mouse too of course. Wonder what's wrong with it? :tinfoil:

To be fair to the park, closing Big One and Flying Machines in very high winds with a storm supposedly coming is to be expected. Especially by us lot. May come as more of a surprise to the casual punter. Oh, Wild Mouse too of course. Wonder what's wrong with it? :tinfoil:
Yeah, I completely understand the reasoning behind the rides affected by wind being closed, just that considering this it made the early park closure even worse IMO.

The seafront location is bound to cause operational issues with wind for Blackpool.
Alton Towers would struggle with snow due to its remote hillside location - but as the main park closes over winter it largely avoids the major issues.
If you can't make it back the next day, you can get a 1/2price sunday ticket on a different weekend.

If you can't make it back the next day, you can get a 1/2price sunday ticket on a different weekend.

The half price Sunday offer is a bit of a con as it's half the gate price, so effectively you are only getting about a fiver off the advanced online price. Even less of a saving if you were buying a family ticket. But better than nothing I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's no surprise given the conditions, shocking weather, a very quiet park and you have to consider the well being of people riding coasters in torrential rain and wind. I have spoken to quite a few people who were there on Saturday and they've all said they'd have not complained if BPB closed at 2pm given the bad weather and the fact the park emptied around that time.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.