• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Regards the Wild Mouse, the Pleasure Beach have made it very clear why it is currently closed, they state it is closed for maintenance. They have absolutely no need at this point to expand on that, I am sure when they have some news to share about it, they'll do just that.

If this was a Merlin park ride I could understand the fear from some posters that it won’t reopen but BPB don’t have a bad reputation for things like that do they?

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had my last visit of the year yesterday (Thursday 2nd Nov) and had a pleasant day in very pleasant weather. More track and supports for icon were arriving when we parked up.

Bumped into rob666 and had a nice chat over a pint (well half for me).

Managed to get a night/dusk ride on the big one just before park close which was a nice way to finish off the season.

Generally the park wasn't too busy but here comes the whinge (sorry)......

In a week that has been advertised by the park as "Adrenaline Week", why would they then run several coasters at half capacity ? Dipper in particular was holding a decent sized queue all day and this could have easily been rectified by adding the 2nd train. Also Big One (in no wind), Infusion, Nash and Steeple were all on reduced capacity all day. And of course mouse was on zero capacity.

Infusion was probably the only coaster not overly affected by having a one train service. Avalanche stayed on 2 trains all day and had little queuing as a result.

It wasn't the busiest day on the park but there were enough people to justify having the coasters on full capacity in my opinion, or at least be prepared to increase capacity when needed.

Whinge over :p

I still enjoyed my day out and we had a fairly relaxed time on the park, and the mouse did at least have its fountains working !! But the poor old mice were just sat motionless on the track looking very sad and helpless. If they could only talk and tell us what was really happening :)

Roll on 2018

Last edited:
Off to the park today for some wood in the dark and fireworks. Hope the queues aren't too bad, they seem to have shifted lines fairly well this season. Ghost Train is the worst ride for queue movement along with Sky Force.

Last visit of 2017, so sad :(

Happy 2018 is getting nearer though :)

shakey, Nash & Dipper on 2 trains today (4 on Nash if anyone wants to be pedantic!) but were on single yesterday too. Nice atmosphere today, having short break in Big Blue before heading back in - awesome view from top floor overlooking park

Big One is on one train with a 2 hour queue :eek:
2evgoqo.jpg

Last edited:
Is the weather windy? Met Office is showing it as gusts of 30 which shouldn't prevent two train operation, however just wondering from anyone who is there whether this is the case?

Pleasure Beach's operations seem to have taken a downturn again this season which is a shame, as I felt they were improving towards the end of 2016.

shakey, Nash & Dipper on 2 trains today (4 on Nash if anyone wants to be pedantic!) but were on single yesterday too.

I would expect nothing less than full capacity on the final Saturday of the season.

I am assuming big one is on one train due to the wind but I still haven't had a good explanation as to why it does this.

Bet it wouldn't be on one train if it was pay per ride !

The wind doesn't seem very strong here today.

Other than PMBO, operations have been decent here today, although Speedy Pass has been a particular problem.

Given I was once given the explanation on a calm day that it was running 1 train as "there wasn't enough wind" I should think the "too much wind" thing is also fairly easily preventable. They know how windy it can get so there should always be 2 trains with the correct wheels. Pathetic.

Speedy Pass queue for PMBO was equally massive yesterday. When we saw it it stretched out of the station and half way down the exit ramp.

Good fireworks which were set off with quite a wind blowing. They seemed to last a little longer than previous displays this year.

Given I was once given the explanation on a calm day that it was running 1 train as "there wasn't enough wind" I should think the "too much wind" thing is also fairly easily preventable. They know how windy it can get so there should always be 2 trains with the correct wheels. Pathetic.
They can only store three trains, so they have a 'Fast', 'Normal' and 'Slow' train.

On most days you can run two of the above. On a very windy day you can run the 'Fast' train but if it's too windy, you can't run the normal train because it will likely stall. Likewise, if the Irish sea is like a millpond, they run the 'Slow' train but you can't run the 'Normal' train because it runs too quickly and

It's a farce and the Pleasure Beach know that it is, but they're trying their best, I think. Swapping out a full wheel set day by day isn't practical.

Speedy Pass queue for PMBO was equally massive yesterday. When we saw it it stretched out of the station and half way down the exit ramp.
The reasoning behind running one train is one thing, but the above clearly shows that guest satisfaction isn't a consideration and instead the low capacity is used to generate fast pass sales.

Terrible that they were still selling Speedy Pass for The Big One knowing the ride was on low capacity on a very busy day.

The staff were doing all they could yesterday. Let's face it, it must be annoying for them on a long day constantly telling people to put their phones away and stop smoking / vaping in queues etc and dealing with morons who don't listen to instruction. Never heard so many announcements on Steeplechase telling people to put phones away. Some had to be told several times. People really are stupid.

I wasn't going anywhere near PMBO yesterday with that queue. The park really is not setup for Speedy Pass. Having them stood in places like the PMBO exit ramp and Avalanche exit steps as people leave the ride really is asking for trouble. This is a one off I imagine, but last night on Nash queue a couple who had seemingly had a few drinks were barging past the queue (yes, through the actual queue, not up the exit slope) they literally shoved past us and raised their tickets into air and said "Make way for the VIPs!" Scumbags !

The reasoning behind running one train is one thing, but the above clearly shows that guest satisfaction isn't a consideration and instead the low capacity is used to generate fast pass sales.

Terrible that they were still selling Speedy Pass for The Big One knowing the ride was on low capacity on a very busy day.

They did eventually stop Speedy Pass sales for PMBO once the queue exceeded 3 hours.

Last edited:
BPB had a real buzz about it on Saturday; and the rain wasn't too much of an issue.
Managed to do all the woodies; got lost in the chinese maze, my youngest was now big enough for Steeplechase, saw where Icons layout goes.

Sure the food is generic theme park tat - but it was tasty and fairly priced for the setting. We had to queue for the pizza place, but not for long as they turned over the tables quickly. Then came out, with 2 1/2 hours of dark riding time still left. As with all theme parks, the rides and setting completely transforms in the dark.

We don't do the biggest thrill rides; so likely we miss the worst queues. There were queues, but they moved well. The only mistake was doing the log flume in Nickelodeon with my lads; which must have needed an hour or two of drying off time ;-) - but we knew that might happen (Valhalla was a no-no as we were not squelshing around in wet socks).

BPB is thrashing AT as a whole family park. Had more fun at BPB than we've had at AT all season with the Merlin pass.
Oh, and there are toilets in places where you need a toilet (I'm looking at you Katanga Canyon...).

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.