• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Too bloody right. I think the only reason most of us gather in a big crowd to watch the fireworks is that there is nothing else to do because everything is closed!

Katy, didn't do the fireworks championship this year, but previous years have all been done from the pier itself I think.
Ah, not actually gone to one in about 10 years and that was launched from the sand. Suppose they could do a deal with South Pier - let us launch fireworks off you and we'll stop complaining about your log flume ride you've dumped on the promenade :laughing:

They'll probably need to find a different location to launch the fireworks from, can't imagine it will be possible given that Icon is going all around the area that the fireworks were launched from last year and the year before.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
Hopfully they can find somwhere that won't cus as much disruption to the ride operation.

Could always launch them from the space invader roof? Then only Nick Land needs to close and the fallout is the railway/residential area's problem

I wonder if they could follow Disneys lead and swap to drones, lasers and projection mapping (and maybe a fountain or two ;-))? . If you could put netting between the struts of the Big One to project onto, you could make a really impressive show.
That would sort out the issues with pyrotechnics.

I wonder if they could follow Disneys lead and swap to drones, lasers and projection mapping (and maybe a fountain or two ;-))? . If you could put netting between the struts of the Big One to project onto, you could make a really impressive show.
That would sort out the issues with pyrotechnics.

We're talking a few grand's worth of fairly low-key fireworks every couple of months here. The sheer cost of even designing, let alone implementing a projection-mapped show would be monumental in comparison with the outlay they're putting on at the minute. One can only dream of year-round, permanently rigged symmetrical firing sites stocked with dozens of 6 inch and a few well placed 10 inch shells... ;)

Few more details on the new hotel from the planning application. As predicted the Coasters building will be retained and refurbished to be incorporated into the hotel. The ground floor will be a restaurant and the first floor will be a bar.

The previously mentioned rooftop bar appears to come in the form of two relatively small terrace area at either end of the first floor of this building. The restaurant on the ground floor has something called a winter terrace which I’m guessing will be some form of glass house/conservatory. Other than that there doesn’t appear to be too much in the way of outside seating as the building line of the new hotel is much further forward than The Star, but does step back a little from the pavement line.

The main hotel entrance is from the rear of the building (a smaller entrance will be from the promenade side). A new road will be formed between the Big Blue and this new hotel which curves to the left and leads behind the hotel to its car park which will be sited in the current boneyard underneath the Big One to the rear of Infusion. I’m sure there will be some good views from here. Albeit this cuts off this site for any new ride developments.

The top floor of the hotel looks to be mainly suites with full balconies rather than the Juliet balconies found at the Big Blue.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/pleasure-beach-submits-plans-for-12m-new-hotel-1-8939723

(Link stolen from PBE on Facebook)

Last edited:
Does that mean Ticket Sales South as it was known in the Coasters days will go, or at least be inaccessible?

Has the wild mouse been removed?

Just seen a post on FB suggesting the Wild Mouse is no more? I cant say i know the park that well to see if the pictures correct but what a shame if its gone?

The two pictures in question:

Wild_Mouse1.jpg

Wild_Mouse2.jpg

Considering they're in the process of finishing a multi-million pound Mack Megacoaster, I think a total rebuild of a classic wooden roller coaster is off the cards this year. Obviously the park are yet to make an official statement as to whether or not it's gone forever, it's still truly tragic to see. Even if I did hate the sodding thing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.