• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just had it confirmed that due to existing legislation, the mouse can not be rebuilt anywhere else as it was not up to modern ride standards...And the insurance costs would be just as high for anyone else.
I know some folks in Elysburg, PA who would take it off their hands.

Reactions: Rob
Ghost Train has had brand new scenes installed over the last few years.
Ok, my bad, I wasn't aware of this as it's been a few years since I rode, not usually high on my list.
River Caves was in a very sorry state last time I went. Don't think for a minute I want to see these rides go, just a bit of TLC.
Can't see them moving the entrance tbh, also can't see anything decent going in this area for a good few years.
Really gutted the Mouse never got a fit and proper send off. Let's hope it really is in the name of progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, spiting the arcades and bowling area for a new entrance is a good idea... At least then they could build something fit for purpose rather than a retrofitting job...

What about a mouse parts shop.
Would make a bomb.
Could shove all the parts sales in there, then maybe they could reopen the flying machines engine window again.
Cracking trip dippy, just a bit short on rides.
If they did, we should all club together, buy every single part, find a willing member with a moderate sized garden, then stock up on glue and get building.

Nice one RoyJess.
I have estate car and roof rack.
Sure we can drag spinny, dippy and shakey in as well as diogo.
Maybe bring IanSR and a flask of hot dogs.
And tell next door it is only for six months, as a temporary structure, that way you don't need permission.
All sorted now then.

It's a shame that they didn't advertise it for sale, I'm sure that someone would have been more than happy to dismantle it for free, instead of them paying for it to be demolished. I'm sure that it would have made a nice addition to Great Yarmouth pleasure beach as oppose to sending the mouse ride to it's grave.

We need to all get together to form a charity to salvage all abandon rides and restore them to their former glory

Can't be reused commercially as it would have to meet modern construction standards and clearances.
Sadly, only a bunch of fanfreaks doing it for fun with no charges would work.
More than happy to give a day a month to the cause though!

They gave the Morecambe/Southport ride away and that hasn't panned out too well...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.