• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
What is the best value for money place to eat at the Pleasure Beach? I'm thinking the pizza pasta buffet would be nice to try but it's always nice to hear a second opinion.

Stelios said:
What is the best value for money place to eat at the Pleasure Beach? I'm thinking the pizza pasta buffet would be nice to try but it's always nice to hear a second opinion.

It depends, if you want a cheaper meal you are best to eat at Burger King. But BPK is better value for what you get, I eat there for most visits.

Blackpool have started putting up the Nickeloden illuminations and I must say they look rather cool! :D

Sazzle said:
How consistent :-/ the construction site states Pleasure Beach Blackpool, and the online images say Blackpool Pleasure Beach...!

What's the deal with the branding reversal, by the way?

And why does Ms Thompson state "attracting families back to the Resort"... sure, because they recently focused on bringing in thrill seekers with their AMAZING installations? Those installations being.. uh.. Infusion. And nothing else of note? Their last big overhaul was Nickland - a huge family investment. If anything, there's nothing new of note for thrillseekers!

I think the 'resort' in question refers to Blackpool as a whole as opposed to the Pleasure Beach. Usually in such rags to riches statements Merlin and PB make with new investments, they do try to undermine how popular the town actually is for the sake of PR.

As for the whole Pleasure Beach Blackpool to Blackpool Pleasure Beach thing, i'm all for it. Whilst the park has constantly pushed the PBB name for roughly seven years (probably in anticipation of Pleasure Beach Southport), the public still use the name they have known for generations - BPB. Probably because this is more recognisable and marketable, they've then taken a U-turn to reflect this.

This is my viewpoint anyways - putting 2+2 together. :)

Zak said:
Blackpool have started putting up the Nickeloden illuminations and I must say they look rather cool! :D

They do look good and I am sure they look even better lit up. :)

The Thrill-O-Matic is due to be open before Easter. :)

Just a quick tidbit from myself - the custom ride vehicles will be themed in the form of Wallace's cosy slippers. You may remember them from this scene in one of the movies;

Wallace---Gromit-Collection-Wallace---Gromit---Here-s-Feathers-416780.jpg

The theming and vehicle shells (not motors) are expected to be manufactured by RMA, the people behind Cadbury World's infamous Cadabra dark ride.

Ride cars themed to slippers? Sounds like quite a feet of engineering...

*lets self out*

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Is the track and therefore layout remaining the same as was for Gold Mine?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Going off that they've retained the vehicle mechanisms and that the estimated ride length is the same as Gold Mines (not including any pre-show), it looks like the track won't be altered in any way.

Just to let everyone know the park was extremely busy saturday, so the park also decided to extend the opening hours to gone 9pm!

Pricey. said:
Just to let everyone know the park was extremely busy saturday, so the park also decided to extend the opening hours to gone 9pm!

BPB are very good at extending their closing times. However the opening hours of 11-5 for the majority of days this month is awful and most rides won't even open until 11:30 or later!! It put me off going to the park today! ???

Went to Blackpool this week to look at the dazzling Illuminations, but managed to pop into the Pleasure Beach to video some of the construction going on. :) (Recorded two days ago on Wednesday)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8EVZ4OSmp2o[/youtube]

Edit: Apologies for the adsense ad that comes up, it's on the video due to the soundtrack used. :-\

Am I the only one who loves their fence-work?

It's full of detail and appeal, and is far more likely to get the public interested than the SW7 fence; the only drawback is that construction is not visible from outside, and this is what saves the SW7 site from being boring. Nonetheless, it's still an impressive banner and will connect to the public well. :)

I do love Wallace and Gromit and I think this is a fantastic IP for Pleasure Beach to have, I just hope that this turns out to be a good ride and not a let down to the IP. :)

On the 8pm days, do the park offer any discounted wristbands and entry late-afternoon? Seems like something they could use to lure in any illuminations visitors for a couple of hours.

Pbb are currently doing a facebook offer of a wristband for 9.50.

I have claimed it and can email it to anyone if they want it. Its valid untill 30/9.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Edit: this is a con please ignore

The BPB facebook page (Pleasure Beach Resort) has posted a message saying the £9.50 offer is fake. There is an official offer for £20 wristbands on the official website

He's finishing the record today Stelios at approximately midday. Can't say much more at the moment, but he's concluding on what is now Day 112.

After the erratic hailstoning and thunder in Lancashire yesterday, I do actually feel it's quite an endurance feat! :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.